picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Deals & News

Bonitaa user profile picture

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

dot176 Views

Germany + Wishtrend

Hi fellow Pickies! I hadn't bought anything before on Wishtrend, but I took advantage some days ago of the picky points I had to place my very first order. The thing is I just got an e-mail from DHL saying that I have to pay some import taxes in order to get the package πŸ₯΄ that hadn't happened to me with other k-beauty webpages. The amount is as high as the total cost of the products I ordered, so Im really sad about it. If I would've know something like that could happen, then I would've not ordered from Wishtrend. Do you guys have some experience with this? What did you do? I'd be very glad about any hint you can give me πŸ₯Ί
upvote

comment

14 Comments

hashiskincare user profile picture

hashiskincare

Dry/Sensitive

Every single package coming from outside EU, is since July the 1st getting stopped m by customs. Every post office and carrier is obliged to take VAT (and transfer to national tax systems) and can take an administration fee per package up to 22€. All the carriers take 20 or 22,of course. So. Whenever you something for 40€ let's say You'll HAVE TO pay 20% Vat in Germany or Spain, 25% in Scandinavian countries, in your case that's 8€. That adss to the administration fee of 22€ Then for a 40€ package, you'll have to pay 30€ in custom fees. Keep that in mind whenever you order from outside EU. Also, some companies (Iherb, Cult beauty and so on) have registered to manage Custom fees for customers. That means that Iherb prices for you will be add the EU VAT. Afterwards, Iherb will transfer that VAT to EU authorities and the customer won't be paying the administration fee. Some companies are lazy and don't offer that service, like Wishtrend and many EU customers have stopped ordering from them. You should probably too.
upvote

comment

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

omg thank you a lot for telling me this, I was not aware of it. I have been ordering stuff from YesStyle since a year ago and it had never happened something like with Wishtrend. This was and will be my first and last order from them. it's just insane.
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

yes, it's DHL's way of making πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’° their processing fees are ridiculously high and often higher than the taxes themselves. you have to pay if you wanna be delivered your package :( this is why I try to never use express shipping. but with wishtrend we have no choice for now apparently.
upvote

comment

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

I think that was my first and last order from Wishtrend 😞 ant the end I will have to pay the whole price for the things if I want to get them πŸ˜’
upvote

comment

Alatinaandagolden user profile picture
super picky user badge

Alatinaandagolden

Oily/Resilient

I wish that government would make the taxes clear when talking about importing taxes. that happened to me when I lived in Colombia, you don’t know how much you would pay at the end until the package showed up. at that point the only thing left is to pay the taxes because otherwise you would have wasted your money
upvote

comment

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

yeah that's right. But it would've been also nice to read on the Wishtrend webpage that something like that could happen. I had so many problems at the beginning when I was trying to put my order, it was cancelled 3 times because its system didn't accept my PayPal payment so at the end I had to pay it with credit card πŸ˜’ I think that was the first red flag and I just ignored it πŸ˜–
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

yeah it sucks that we have to pay taxes on all packages 😭 for DHL, the administration fee for express shipping is 2%, with a minimum of €14.50.. I think its best to pay the amount this time.. but not order again unless they offer standard shipping or the IIOS system. Or order stuff from iHerb or Yesstyle as they have the IIOS system, so their prices already includes VAT and you wont get any surprises.
upvote

comment

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

I think its the first time that I read the words "IIOS system" πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘„πŸ‘οΈ πŸ˜… but yes, I think you're right, I will pay it this time but never ordering again from them 😣
upvote

comment

K

kumlerc

Oily/Resilient

you can also order products with points? I'm new here
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

There was an event recently in Aug/Sep when we could exchange some/all of our points for credit on WishTrend. However, the points could only be half the value of our purchase. Eg, if we have USD20 credit, our cart should have items costing USD40 or more. I'm following you on IG. I'd appreciate if you followed me too πŸ’• @blueskies8whiteclouds
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!