picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Deals & News

skincarewithme56 user profile picture

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

dot217 Views

men's skincare in the Philippines

THE BAD THING : Skincare for men in the PH has really been an issue since then, they view it as a "gay-ish" or feminine thing when a man do skincare which I absolutely disagree with.Others would tease u for having a routine like 🙄, it's basic hygiene duh😂 THE GOOD THING: The Gen Z of the Philippines' really normalized lot of nonsense things about everything, one is about men's skincare, they encouraged men to have a basic routine. They are also against the "you're gay if you do skincare" thing. Some girls even do their bf's skincare🥺 I'm glad several skincare brands in the PH have the "Skincare is for every gender" mindset❤️ How do you think of this? honored to read it below❤️
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I think that applies to any non-masculine behaviour around the world. In Vietnam my husband got laughed at when I was driving the scooter with him sitting on the back. Equally I got mocked for doing tiling and other DIY stuff in the UK. It will be a gradual change and will depend not only on generation but also cultural norms. I buy my husband a skincare routine, but I'm sure many of his friends would have a comment about that. But that's more of a sign of their own insecurities.
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

Omg, that's so penetrating, if that makes sense. But yeah, toxic masculinity surrounds the world. Still, we'll just continue what makes us happy and ignore negativities😍 Btw, I love how you read my discussions, really grateful🙌
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I think it’s a general thing through out the world for men, even in South Korea
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

Ohhh, I thought men would be different in South Korea as they are one of the main producers on skincare😔
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I think Kpop and Kdrama eludes us that South Korean men like skin care but majority just don’t really care as much. However it is fun to see how men vew skincare differently than women. It’s actually very fascinating. I belong in the niche group I just love having stuff on my face 😂
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!