picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

mrmeow user profile picture

mrmeow

Dry/Sensitive

dot61 Views

hard water breaking me out, how to fix?

I moved to a different city for university and this city it notorious for having EXTREMELY HARD water. It’s only been 5 days and my skin has dried out and I have little bumps all over my face :( I also have a damaged moisture barrier so the hard water isn’t helping…. I’ve bought a water filter and I fill the bottle with the filtered water but it isn’t helping and just takes too long when washing the face to wash with a bottle, I don’t have that much time in the mornings
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

Are you sure its the hard water and not the cleanser? You can also cleanse once a day only at night. It has helped me personally as its not stripping oils on my skin. Layer toners and adding a facial oil also did a massive difference
upvote

comment

mrmeow

Dry/Sensitive

I’ll switch cleansers to a more gentle one and see if it helps thank you!
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I'm sorry to hear that! It's a pain to live with hard water. Make sure you use gentle cleanser without exfoliants or any other drying ingredients and don't use bars of soap as they are more drying. Same goes for the rest of the body (I got eczema on my arms when I switched from body wash to a bar of soap). Use cooler water and consider spraying your face after with distilled or bottled/filtered water. Focus your skincare routine on hydrating and moisturising far more than you normally would. You may want to keep an eye on your scalp too, hard water can cause lots of hair issues. Ideally in the long run it's better to get a filtration system if that's an option at all.
upvote

comment

mrmeow

Dry/Sensitive

thank you for the wonderful advice!! I’ll definitely spray my face with bottled water after it seems like it would help a lot!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!