picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Ingredients

Reviewbypipit user profile picture

Reviewbypipit

Oily/Resilient

dot69 Views

Retinol

Hey girls, tell me about how to layer retinol for your night skincare routine and what I need to avoid when I use retinol in my skincare? Thank you so much πŸ™πŸ˜Š
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Giselle2 user profile picture

Giselle2

Oily/Resilient

If it’s your first time with retinol, don’t use it with other active ingredients. If it’s a serum, use it after cleansing (or toner-essence steps if you use them) but make sure to put on dry skin to avoid irritation. If it’s more creamy, you can do the sandwich method: moisturizer-retinol-moisturizer. If your skin got used to retinol, you can add niacinamide in the same routine, they work well together. You can use it with other ingredients but it’s better not to use with exfoliators, vitamin C and benzoyl peroxide.
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Here are my tips for Retinoid use https://www.instagram.com/p/CIvEuSRBnVs/?utm_medium=copy_link cleanser -> Retinoid on dry skin -> moisturizer-> facial oil or cleanser, moisturizer, Retinoid, moisturizer
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I use retinol after my niacinamide serum and before my moisturizer 😊 I have been using The Ordinary retinol 0.2% in squalane for about 6 months now and my skin tolerates it very well 😊
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

star rating

(123)

favorite

upvote

comment

Herhumanist user profile picture

Herhumanist

Oily/Sensitive

I actually use retinol after everything + moisturizer because my skin is very sensitive. Please don’t layer any bha or aha with your retinol! it will make your skin very irritated and possibly very red if it’s really bad
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!