picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Product Info

Hinarushi user profile picture

Hinarushi

Dry/Sensitive

dot58 Views

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser?

Hiya fellow Pickies! I am curious about your opinions about the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. What makes it so popular? Most of the people seem to praise this cleanser for its gentle and fragrance free formula while others criticize its lack of beneficial ingredients and drying effects. Dermatologists recommend this product for sensitive skin as it is a mild cleanser. I personally think this cleanser is very drying on my skin. I think this is because of the SLS contained in the formula. And I don't even need to use it a lot one wash is enough to give me flaky skin. I know it is supposed to use minimal ingredients but it doesn't even perform its job properly when I wash my face (I'm combination sensitive for this matter). So what do you think about it?
Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil
Gentle Skin Cleanser

star rating

(537)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Comments

huguteranglakwatsera user profile picture

huguteranglakwatsera

Dry/Resilient

i love this cleanser. i usually use it after shower before going to bed. make sure to use the moisturizer as well.
upvote

comment

laracs user profile picture

laracs

Oily/Sensitive

This has always been my cleanser for years, but lately I switched to the foaming version of this. I use this in both AM and PM routine. Yes it kinda leaves the skin feeling dry, but not too dry. A good moisturizer is your friend if it makes your skin flaky. Overall, I simply love how I can fit this in as a start to any routine. πŸ˜‰

Hinarushi

Dry/Sensitive

I usually use this on my face in the morning for a really light wash. Sometimes PM also, if I haven't been outside and I'm not sweaty or oily. 😁
upvote

comment

ciszkaay user profile picture

ciszkaay

Dry/Sensitive

Hi~ sometimes popular product don't always work for us. But this Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, for my dry sensitive skin is ok, its doesn't dry out my skin at all, so maybe you should change another cleanser, what cleanser do you use now?
upvote

comment

Hinarushi

Dry/Sensitive

Hi! I am currently switching between the two cleansers I tagged below. I think my moisture barrier is impaired at the moment as every cleanser I seem to use, it makes my skin feel pretty dry. I apply lots of moisturiser after cleansing though.πŸ˜πŸ‘ I think these cleansers are not good for me personally as the Cerave one is meant to be used by people who are on the oilier side. I am combination and sensitive type and leaning towards dry. The charcoal cleanser is cleaning my skin in to deep, stripping it off.
Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

CeraVe
Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

star rating

(313)

favorite

Charcoal Cleanser

Lumin
Charcoal Cleanser

star rating

(3)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!