picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Ingredients

M

marzmoo

Oily/Resilient

dot62 Views

Retinol/Retinoid at 18 years old?

Hi, friends! I got a question. I've been planning to start using retinoid in my routine, specifically The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion. Reading up on this specific product, it is said to be good for beginners and oily skin, though if this works for me, I don't really plan to change to a different retinol/retinoid (mainly bcs its tedious to change my routine and its the most affordable for me, compared to others I've seen that is somewhat easily accessible for me) I've heard that people mainly use this ingredient for anti-aging, starting in their early to mid twenties but I was wondering if i could use it as early as 18 years old to target pitted acne scars and prevent future acne.
Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion

The Ordinary
Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion

star rating

(2)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

157min user profile picture

157min

Dry/Resilient

i don't think starting retinol this early would be good for you, especially when your basic routine are lacking ( skip sunscreen in winter, do not reapply sunscreen etc). Retinol also could cause purging, which is difficult to handle. Most derms said topical creams don't really works on pitted scars, and it require clinical treatment. If you are concern about acne and trying to reduce the marks, you can opt for aha, bha, azelaic acid, tranexamic acid and vitamin c etc. but it is only my opinion. If you did plenty research and confident, i would say go ahead and use retinol carefully and moderately
upvote

comment

IsaacBear user profile picture

IsaacBear

Dry/Resilient

It is perfectly find to use the GR from the ordinary as it is really gentle, just remember to apply your sunscreen.
upvote

comment

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

Itโ€™s a more gentle route than adapalene, so totally worth a try even being young! Kudos to finding such a beginner-friendly product ๐Ÿ’• Because it is more gentle, though, it will take longer to see results - so donโ€™t give up! And cannot over-stress the sunscreen need ๐Ÿ˜œ Good luck!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!