picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

N

NooraAnn

Oily/Resilient

dot90 Views

Can a 13 years old have a skincare routine? If yes, which products can she use?

I have a 13 years old sister. She has started to have some blackheads and pimples especially on her nose and chin. She has become a teenager and that's why these blackheads and pimples were expected. But I am not sure if it's okay to use a cleanser, toner and moisturizer at her age. If it's okay, which brands should she use? I am 22 and I use cosrx, cnp laboratory and some other products from nature republic. I don't think that cosrx and cnp laboratory cleanser are suitable for her age.
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

yes definitely - but just avoid harsh ingredients like acids/actives as they can affect natural oil balance etc, and dry skin out if they’re not actually needed.. since she’s so young her hormones will still be impacting her skin for many years to come so keeping it clean and hydrated - followed up by an spf to ward off premature aging & sun damage would be ideal 👌🏼🧡
upvote

comment

N

NooraAnn

Oily/Resilient

Thanks! It's really helpful! 😊
upvote

comment

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

yes she can use skincare,but maybe cosrs start from 14,usually back then i always dm the brand or via shopee,to ask if the product safe for 13 or not,i dont know much brajd that safe for 13 but axisy is safe if not mistaken
upvote

comment

N

NooraAnn

Oily/Resilient

Thank you! I guess I will try to send dm the brands just in case.
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

Yes she can. I started using skincare when I was 9 years old because I started getting pimples as well due to the hormonal changes at that age. Start with a simple routine. Nothing harsh as she is still young. I recommend going for dermatological brands like Seba Med. That's what the doctor prescribed to me long ago. Eucerin, Cetaphil and Cerave are good too. I think Cosrx should be ok too if you can't access the other brands. Start with a cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen. Go for a salicylic acid cleanser and a light, hydrating moisturiser. Pimple patches helps as well.
Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

COSRX
Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

star rating

(699)

favorite

Clear Face Cleansing Bar

Sebamed
Clear Face Cleansing Bar

star rating

(4)

favorite

Clear Face Teenage Cleansing Liquid

Sebamed
Clear Face Teenage Cleansing Liquid

star rating

(2)

favorite

Clear Face Care Gel

Sebamed
Clear Face Care Gel

star rating

(30)

favorite

Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion

COSRX
Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion

star rating

(318)

favorite

Pro Acne Solution Cleansing Gel

Eucerin
Pro Acne Solution Cleansing Gel

star rating

(18)

favorite

Moisturising Cream

Cetaphil
Moisturising Cream

star rating

(23)

favorite

upvote

comment

N

NooraAnn

Oily/Resilient

Thank you so much! You were really helpful. I guess I will go with sebamed. I also like that brand.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!