picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

almondbutter user profile picture

almondbutter

Oily/Sensitive

dot80 Views

Controversial ingredients

Hey pickies! Now that we have this platform and we learn about ingredients and such, what are your “controversial” ingredients that most people hate but you actually don’t mind having? Let me know your thoughts 💭
upvote

comment

7 Comments

mochiface user profile picture

mochiface

Dry/Sensitive

Well, almost every famous controversial ingredient is fine with me. Alcohol as long as it is not on the top 5 ingredients. Fragrance as long as it is on the last three ingredients. Parabens because it is one of the safest preservative and there is no solid evidence about parabens in skincare products affecting your hormones. Silicone because it actually seals moisture in my dry skin and it has a smooth finish.
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Sorry a bit unrelated but just because it's towards the end of the ingredient list, doesn't mean there's the lowest amount of it. Roughly passed the first six ingredients, ingredients aren't in order of concentration. It's a bit of a trick to put ingredients that people are 'afraid' of at the end so it seems like there's hardly any in it.
upvote

comment

Iamvan user profile picture

Iamvan

Dry/Sensitive

ACV. I can't help it. It's really great for fungal acne. Inkey list has acv so that's great. Even a local brand from my place has acv lines ( skin genie )
Apple Cider Vinegar Peel

The Inkey List
Apple Cider Vinegar Peel

star rating

(9)

favorite

upvote

comment

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

fragrances & alcohol. my skin doesn’t react toward them & it doesn’t bother me at all. with or without them it’s fine either to me 😊😊
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

ughh I wish my skin was like yours
upvote

comment

Rosesarered45 user profile picture

Rosesarered45

Oily/Resilient

My skin can tolerate with alcohol
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

Fragrance, alcohol, parabens 😂
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!