picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

D

diii

Dry/Sensitive

dot105 Views

retinoids

I want to start using retinoids , which do u suggest I use coz it’s my first time (adapalene, tretinoin or others)
upvote

comment

26 Comments

Lotusflower user profile picture

Lotusflower

Oily/Resilient

you can always start with low percentage retinol or differin.
Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane

star rating

(32)

favorite

Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1%

Galderma
Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1%

star rating

(27)

favorite

upvote

comment

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

Depends on what you’re treating! To avoid any irritation/sensitivity normally I’d suggest starting with a low percentage retinol, like The Ordinary’s retinol in squalane I tagged. You build a tolerance over time, so starting with the weakest possible is usually best 💕 Adapalene and tretinoin are both stronger retinoids that are saved for severe acne, with tretinoin being the strongest. Especially for sensitive skin they can be rough to adjust to, but can achieve faster/better results than just retinol. So if you have a lot of acne, give adapalene a try. If that doesn’t work, ask a derm about tretinoin. If you’re looking to get ahead of some aging/treat more mild acne, just retinol will totally be enough 💕 Good luck!
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Retinol 0.2% in Squalane

star rating

(123)

favorite

upvote

comment

Loriehernando user profile picture

Loriehernando

Oily/Resilient

yes this
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

It depends what you are looking to solve. Tretinoin is both anti aging and acne fighting but it’s more drying so you have to take care of your skin. Adapalene is more suited for acne compared to anti aging. Retinol is definitely for anti aging purposes with milder side effects. Granative retinoid is anti aging like retinol but it’s much newer that retinol so the research is not as strong but it’s good try since it doesn’t irritate as much.
upvote

comment

K

kumlerc

Oily/Resilient

following. I also want to start using retinoids!!
upvote

comment

Mjmitrinh user profile picture

Mjmitrinh

Oily/Sensitive

It probably depends on what you want to use it for. If it's acne use adapalene, and if it's anti-aging use retinol and start with 0.5% retinol
Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment

Differin
Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment

star rating

(112)

favorite

Retinol 1.0

Obagi
Retinol 1.0

star rating

(7)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!