picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

AmeeJay user profile picture

AmeeJay

Dry/Resilient

dot66 Views

Storing Vitamin C in the refrigerator vs away from sunlight, which is better to avoid oxidation?

Hello skincare enthusiasts! Currently I am testing Tiam's 20% Vitamin C serum. They have mentioned to store the serum in the refrigerator so the oxidation process slows down. If I were to store the serum away from sunlight, such as in a drawer, will that also help to slow down the oxidation? Or is keeping in the refrigerator is the best way to store? Just wanted to know your ways of storing your vitamin c products 😊
My Signature C Source

TIAM
My Signature C Source

star rating

(100)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Keep it in the fridge…put a foundation pump on the bottle…reduces exposure to light and oxygen
upvote

comment

AmeeJay

Dry/Resilient

oh thats a good tip! thank you! 😃👍🏻
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

I suggest following their guide, dear. I'm using a vitamin C 🍋 serum which oxidized slightly. Here's my experience ⬇️ https://www.instagram.com/p/CT9SZZipRMf/?utm_medium=copy_link Placing the serum in the refrigerator definitely helped!
upvote

comment

AmeeJay

Dry/Resilient

ah thank you for this! 😃
upvote

comment

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

imo. it’s best to store right in the fridge. i got the 21.5 % vitamin c from wishtrend , at first I store in a dark drawer & i noticed that it’s starting to oxidise slowly even though I didn’t even open it yet so i straight away store in fridge & it’s much better then b4. to be safe , best store in fridge ☺️☺️
upvote

comment

AmeeJay

Dry/Resilient

oh I see. I'll store mine in the refrigerator ASAP. Thank you for the info! 😊
upvote

comment

mochiface user profile picture

mochiface

Dry/Sensitive

Fridge is the best. I use the Purito Vitamin C and most reviews says that it oxidizes fast. I store in the fridge and it lasts for 2 months.
upvote

comment

AmeeJay

Dry/Resilient

ah yes I tried that one before and you're right it oxidizes fast! I'll store mine in the fridge from now on. Thank you! 🤍
upvote

comment

Beautywithhunnie user profile picture

Beautywithhunnie

Oily/Resilient

I usually put it in the fridge
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!