picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

ispoonacake user profile picture

ispoonacake

Oily/Sensitive

dot78 Views

Help!! how do I use this?

So, finally my benzoyl peroxide cream has finished and now, I'm gonna try tretinoin for the first time ever but I dont know how to apply it, my friend said just to use it as a spot treatment but many said that its ok to use it on the whole face as long as the product is applied thinly, what do you think? and is there any tips or useful advice that anyone would like to share?
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

i would agree to apply a thin layer on whole face too as it also helps to prevent new acne from forming up. u may use some thicker cream to moisturise ur skin. best look for cream that contains calming ingredients & repair ingredients such as snail mucin, ceramide & cica 😇😇
upvote

comment

ispoonacake

Oily/Sensitive

Ohhhhhhhhhh, so, do I apply moisturizer before or after tretinoin?
upvote

comment

T

toastycashew

Dry/Sensitive

if this is your first time ever using it, apply your moisturizer first and wait for your skin to dry completely. then apply a pea sized amount of the tretinoin onto your face. Easiest way is to dab tiny dots on your forehead, cheeks, and chin and then rub it in. Apply more moisturizer after. Tretinoin is very strong. Use it once or twice a week your first week. It's normal to experience irritation and your acne may get worse but keep going! Tretinoin takes months to work, 6 months or more for some people.
upvote

comment

ispoonacake

Oily/Sensitive

Oooohhhhhh thank you ❤️
upvote

comment

MiftahRachma user profile picture

MiftahRachma

Oily/Sensitive

Iam agree to whole face. But you must be careful, before it you must test patch and start slowly. Dont forget to hydrating and sunscreen.
upvote

comment

ispoonacake

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you!! ❤️❤️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!