picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Routine Help

NessaCares user profile picture

NessaCares

Oily/Sensitive

dot137 Views

Has this ever happened to you? ๐Ÿค”

For the last 4 weeks Ive been reviewing a personalized routine. Yesterday I decided to go back to my old routine because I noticed my skin was feeling more congested than usual - The routine Id been using didnt have any exfoliating products in it. So last night I did my standard double cleanse followed by a toner. As soon as I put the toner on, I could feel my face tingle (which its never done with this toner before) then I looked in the mirror and my skin was quite red. I followed up with a calming ampoule and moisturizer. The redness was gone after about an hour or so. I had used the glow recipe Watermelon bha pha toner for over a month before I changed routines. I've never had a reaction like this in the past. Has anyone had this happen before? Could it be because I went so long without using any exfoliating products?
Watermelon Glow PHA +BHA Pore-Tight Toner

Glow Recipe
Watermelon Glow PHA +BHA Pore-Tight Toner

star rating

(375)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

yes your theory seems the most logical! especially with it being an exfoliating product your skin might just not be as desensitised as it used to be with regular use ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ
upvote

comment

NessaCares

Oily/Sensitive

It definitely makes the most sense. I was just shocked - when I first started using this toner (forever ago) I didnt have a reaction like this at all.
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

our skin typically works on a four week cycle, so it would make sense that you may have this reaction, as its basically brand new skin that has never been exfoliated before, in a roundabout kind of way. you may have to take it easy with the exfoliation until your skin builds up a tolerance again. xxx๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•
upvote

comment

disinclined user profile picture

disinclined

Oily/Resilient

I have applied a toner which I had been applying for 2 week. I applied it once and it started to burn and it burned my whole top layer of skin on my skin. :( My chin is very sensitive. I would tell you to only apply a little and the ease into applying more on the area. That is what I am doing and I sweat a lot so that could also aggravate the skin. I notice when I applied it at night that my face did not sting or turn red. So now I only apply it at night. Just try different things out! Everybodyโ€™s skin is different!โœจ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’•
upvote

comment

rronerek user profile picture

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

Our skin cells take about a month to turn over, it is possible that since then your skin has โ€œforgottenโ€ what exfoliation feels like! You may have to ease back into exfoliation products, maybe starting with a less harsh/lower concentration
upvote

comment

NessaCares

Oily/Sensitive

Great advice. I initially used this toner twice a week for the first couple weeks (when i first got it) Ill have to ease back into it for sure. Though honestly, after using the Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Toning Toner (I used it for a few weeks prior to the current routine I was on) I may just stick to it instead of the Glow Recipe one. Even though the Glow Recipe toner is technically a gentle exfoiator - I preferred how my skin reacted to the Centella one.
Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

star rating

(1324)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!