picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

N

nenunawa

Oily/Resilient

dot85 Views

acids weekly regimen

I have combination skin and have large pores. I have been using salicylic acid twice a week (paula’s choice) and my skin still looks clogged and dull. I was thinking to introduce lactic acid on a seperate day. What do you think about this regimen? Would adding lactic acid only for one day do anything?
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

star rating

(619)

favorite

Lactic Acid 10% + HA

The Ordinary
Lactic Acid 10% + HA

star rating

(173)

favorite

upvote

comment

8 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Lactic acid is a great addition for gentler surface exfoliation, however it won't do much to clear out deep into the pores. I would either increase the frequency of Paula's choice or change the product. TO peeling solution works wonders for me, but it's not for everyone. Other things to consider is adding niacinamide to the routine, moisturising and hydrating more, avoiding comedogenic ingredients, double cleansing and using a clay mask on the oily areas once a week. And spf of course.
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

The Ordinary
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

star rating

(1780)

favorite

upvote

comment

N

nenunawa

Oily/Resilient

my skin gets easily sensitized so i have avoided this product so far but sounds tempting!
upvote

comment

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

Adding an AHA like lactic acid will help with the dullness! You can even use it on the same days as your salicylic acid - AHA and BHA play nicely together, as long as your skin responds well. I second the double cleansing suggestion, too! Starting with a cleansing oil/balm to get all the sunscreen and excess sebum off before moving to a foaming cleanser can work wonders. You can also use a salicylic acid cleanser daily! Derms say that since you rinse it off it won’t over-exfoliate your skin, but can help cleanse deeper into the pore than cleansers without BHA. Cerave and The Inkey List have great ones! Good luck 💕
Salicylic Acid Cleanser

The Inkey List
Salicylic Acid Cleanser

star rating

(326)

favorite

Oat Cleansing Balm

The Inkey List
Oat Cleansing Balm

star rating

(476)

favorite

Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser

CeraVe
Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser

star rating

(143)

favorite

upvote

comment

N

nenunawa

Oily/Resilient

i have been using the inkey list salicylic acid cleanser every am as well. so far my skin looks same same but will keep doing it.
upvote

comment

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

I love this and it’s so gentle you can use it daily or alternate every second day - it’s so effective 👌🏼🧡
Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

COSRX
Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser

star rating

(699)

favorite

upvote

comment

Skincareat40 user profile picture

Skincareat40

Dry/Sensitive

have you tried clay masks?
upvote

comment

N

nenunawa

Oily/Resilient

i did but I haven’t seen improvement with them. does that require consistency as well? or should I just see an improvement even if temporarily after doing it?
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

If you haven’t bought the lactic acid, you can increase the frequency of Paula Choice BHA up to twice a day as recommended by them. If you are comfortable with twice a week BHA, and you bought the lactic acid, you can insert the usage in between them. I
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!