picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Ingredients

ciecie user profile picture

ciecie

Oily/Resilient

dot195 Views

Do you care about the pH levels of your skincare products?

I assume most of the skincare junkies and lovers here are aware of how important the pH level of our skin is. But there are still some people who has no idea how to take care of our acid mantle (aka. our most outer layer of skin barrier). I personally would check out the pH level of the skincare products I purchase or use, because our skin is naturally slightly acidic, and products that are more alkaline will disrupt the acid mantle, therefore causing dryness or breakouts or anything we hate about our skin. The main problem is most products doesn't state their pH levels on the packaging, and Google sometimes doesn't help. Do you check out the pH levels of your skincare products? Or how do you layer your products to ensure it is a healthy mix of cocktail for your skin? Would love to hear more from you all on this topic 🥰
upvote

comment

25 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

The only time it matters to me is cleansers every thing else is fine No point checking PH for products that are oil base too as PH strip measures water
upvote

comment

ciecie user profile picture

ciecie

Oily/Resilient

good point to note, thanks 😊
upvote

comment

myskincaresituation user profile picture

myskincaresituation

Dry/Resilient

A lot of Korean companies advertised pH levels on their skin care products
upvote

comment

chrysant user profile picture

chrysant

Oily/Resilient

yep, I agree with you! since I didn't stock any pH paper at home, so I just checked them before I purchase them, or if they were gifted, I checked before I use them. luckily, brands always mention the pH level of their products ^^
upvote

comment

AfrynKhyra user profile picture

AfrynKhyra

Dry/Resilient

I don't have pH paper, but usually i would only do some research about the pH level, and even some of my cleanser already claim pH balance.
upvote

comment

MiftahRachma user profile picture

MiftahRachma

Oily/Sensitive

Ussualy ph levels annotated on the skincare product, so iam never chech again 😅
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!