picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

thatasnd2k user profile picture

thatasnd2k

Dry/Sensitive

dot27 Views

Need help on Retinol and Glycolic Acid

Hello everyone. I need to know, How to properly use Retinol and Glycolic Acid as part of skin care routine? I do basic like using cleanser, scrub, toner, serum, mask and moisturiser. I want to incorporate the use of retinol and glycolic acid products but I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ how to start and how long should I be using it and what products should not be use along with it. BTW, I have sensitive dry skin. Thanks in advance for your advice.❤️
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Firstly whatever scrub you're using - I'd recommend to stop using it. Majority of scrubs can damage your skin by making micro-tears in your skin. In terms of glycolic acid, you should introduce it gradually into your routine - when and how to use it would strongly depend on the actual product you're using. Same goes with retinoid - do not use both together in the same routine - and use it in the PM routine. You can start with a sandwich method (moisturiser-retinoid-moisturiser) to let your skin adjust and prevent any dryness. Otherwise, apply it like a serum, let it dry for a couple of minutes and follow up with a moisturiser. Start with once a week and increase the frequency if your skin is ok and not drying or getting otherwise irritated. You might want to use them both on alternating nights and spf is a must the following day.
upvote

comment

thatasnd2k

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you so much, this is very helpful. I used retinol followed with moisturiser but my skin turned very dry. I will try the sandwich method and if doesn’t work then I think I should change to another brand with lesser concentration.
upvote

comment

MiftahRachma user profile picture

MiftahRachma

Oily/Sensitive

If your skin sensitive you can start slowly and test patch to minimum risk and irritation.
upvote

comment

thatasnd2k

Dry/Sensitive

I will do that, thank you.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!