picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

LauraEN user profile picture

LauraEN

Oily/Sensitive

dot58 Views

Hydroquinone

Hi! Should i use hydroquinone if nothing else really helped with my hyperpigmentation? if yes, can you give me some advice like how many times a week should i use it and if it has any aude effects? please let me know
upvote

comment

3 Comments

P

puhg

Oily/Resilient

There are safer alternatives to hydroquinone as it can bleach skin, or cause hyperpigmentaition worst case scenario. I would advise you turn to alpha arbutin which is a safe derivative of hydroquinone. Azelaic Acid also helps fade pigmentation and is good for acne as well. Also be sure to use sunscreen to not darken any marks you may have. Hope this helps!
upvote

comment

LauraEN

Oily/Sensitive

i have used azelaic acid for a few months and nothing changed.. and i use sunscreen every day
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

idk where you live but in my country hydroquinone is prohibited and only prescribed by dermatologists in minimal % IF really necessary. idk what type of hyperpigmentation you have but i would suggest to see a dermatologist before using anything with hydroquinone. can I ask what type of hyperpigmentation you have and what did you use? honestly if this is just post acne/marks you don't need hydroquinone. this is too risky.
upvote

comment

LauraEN

Oily/Sensitive

i live in Romania and you can get hydroquinone without prescription here. i mostly have post inflammatory erythema and i’ve also been using tretinoin for 3 months but i don’t see any difference rn..
upvote

comment

Cheezah user profile picture

Cheezah

Oily/Resilient

No , this ingredienta is not really suit to our body . please avoid this
upvote

comment

LauraEN

Oily/Sensitive

really? i saw lots of dermatologists recommending it..
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!