picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

dot109 Views

niacinamide

Hello guys, is it okay to use 10% niacinamide serum and follow up with spot treatment that has 10% niacinamide? Will it cause any reaction? Thank you
upvote

comment

8 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

If you use the serum on your entire face and the spot treatment only locally, I would not worry about it. I would not recommend using both on your entire face. Just use one and skip the other, or use them on alternate days. If you really need to use both of them on your entire face I would do a patch test first since you have sensitive skin. I hope this helps 😊
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

omg thank you for the detailed reply. will do patch test first 😍😍
upvote

comment

HIBeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

HIBeauty

Dry/Sensitive

Many brands now make products with super high concentration because as consumers we have come to know ingredients and tend to believe that higher concentration means efficiency. The thing is that our skin is capable of absorption for certain ingredients up so some amount and then: a) the extra amount is not absorb ed and your skin makes no difference between say a 20% and 30% while you bank account certainly does b) the higher concentration leads to higher likelihood of irritation So it's essential to test before applying all over your face and to consider using different products or same but not the dame day -whatever works best for you :-)
upvote

comment

glowlin user profile picture

glowlin

Oily/Resilient

Nice say💖
upvote

comment

RubyonWings user profile picture

RubyonWings

Dry/Resilient

It shouldn't be a problem! But if you have sensitive skin, you can try a patch test first 🌟
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

okay thanks for the tips
upvote

comment

MiftahRachma user profile picture

MiftahRachma

Oily/Sensitive

You have sensitive skin, i think be better to patch test
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

thank you for the tips!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!