picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus āž•

Opinion

LalaReviews user profile picture

LalaReviews

Oily/Sensitive

dot196 Views

Changing Out Products Or Sticking With What Works?

What is your approach to rotating your skincare products? Do you rarely repurchase the same product and move on to something new to try, or do you find what works and use it for years? What do you think is the best approach?
upvote

comment

6 Comments

ciecie user profile picture

ciecie

Oily/Resilient

Interesting topic. I kind of believe that our skin will get used to a certain product and lose the initial effects. So I will start to change product when I find that the previous one stops improving my skin condition. Maybe return to it after a while, to see if it is the product issue, or my environment issue (e.g. hormonal, weather, etc). It really depends on individual šŸ˜
upvote

comment

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

Honestly, I would always change products just because I want to try something new and explore products. I don't really know if it's a bad habit though but I tend to enjoy opening new products that's why I rarely repurchase something unless it's a holy grail type of product. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚
upvote

comment

ishiskin user profile picture

ishiskin

Dry/Sensitive

I would repurchase things that really stand out for me - since I get quite a bit of PR and giveaways, Iā€™m always finding something new that I love. sometimes my favourite products get topped by another product so I always make sure to go through my stash first before repurchasing my most trusty products
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

i used to change a lot but this is counterproductive and a slippery slope. i try to stick with my holy grails and if i change products i do it once in a while to discover new things but i don't overdo it.
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

If I achieve great results with a product I stick with it and repurchase, but if I was not impressed by the results or think I can get better ones I do my research and try something else.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!