picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Ingredients

RK user profile picture

RK

Oily/Sensitive

dot108 Views

Does Tretinoin Really Work?

I always hear positive things about tretinoin helping people with acne. Has anyone here not seen results with it? I've been using it for 7-8 months and haven't noticed much of a difference so wondering if maybe it isn't effective for my skin and I should try something else instead.... I'm using a Curology formula and built up my tolerance so I use it every night.
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

It is my friend is using it for acne and I am using for anti aging. if your with a subscription service like curology. It seems like its time to consult with them. They may need to up the dose or change the formula which they should be able to do. It seems like you have given yourself enough time.
upvote

comment

Mjmitrinh user profile picture

Mjmitrinh

Oily/Sensitive

Can you tell me more about your skin care routine. because retinol is not a panacea. It's just a product that helps your skin increase collagen production, promoting the gradual skin turnover process. you should mix it with HA, other restorative products too
upvote

comment

RK user profile picture

RK

Oily/Sensitive

I use a lot of moisturizing/hydrating products to combat the dryness. AM - Cerave benzoyl peroxide cleanser (waited until I had been using Tret for 7 months to add another active ingredient) - Haruharu Black rice hyaluronic acid toner (alcohol and essential oil free) - Versed dew point gel moisturizer - Paula's Choice youth extending hydrating SPF PM - Klairs black deep cleansing oil - B.lab matcha hydrating foam cleanser - Haruharu Black rice hyaluronic acid toner - Isntree mugwort ampoule - Curology tretinoin formula - Etude House Soon Jung Barrier Cream
upvote

comment

mochiface user profile picture

mochiface

Dry/Sensitive

Most people I know who are on tretinoin visited a dermatologist before buying them so it's effective for them. Maybe it is better to have a derma test your skin and recommend one for you 😊
upvote

comment

RK user profile picture

RK

Oily/Sensitive

I've had bad experiences with dermatologists. If I find a good one or someone I trust recommends one then I might get my skin tested. it's so hard to find good doctors 😔
upvote

comment

L

lucyloo

Dry/Resilient

I think it definitely helps. I’ve been using tret for a few months now. it does increase cell turnover, which is bringing my acne to the surface. unclugges my pores. maybe, the tret your using isn’t strong enough. I do recommend seeing a dermatologist. best of luck to you on your skincare journey.
upvote

comment

D

Danicaaaaa

Oily/Resilient

I started with Tret 0.025% and used it for nearly 2 years. Could not see much difference if at all. So, I’ve decided to go 0.05% and wow 😮 after only few months the difference it made was unreal, especially around my eyes - it ironed all the annoying little wrinkles and I swear my skin feels tighter (in a good way, no sagging) x
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!