picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Other

Yerenica user profile picture

Yerenica

Dry/Sensitive

dot74 Views

too young for a skincare routine?

Alright so uhm, since I got my period when I was around 9 , acne started appearing when i was 10-11, so I started a skincare routine when I was 13 I'm 14 now and my skin is kinda improving, but it's just that my mom keeps telling me I'm too young to start a skincare routine 🥲, I even searched on Google and it said 12 is a good age to start but she doesn't believe me and she says that she won't buy for me skincare products anymore, so I'm trying to save up and buy my own lmaoo. So do you guys think 14 year old is too young for a skincare routine or what?? 😭
upvote

comment

13 Comments

Honeybunn user profile picture

Honeybunn

Dry/Sensitive

i dont think its too young to start, but keeping it simple will do
upvote

comment

Yerenica

Dry/Sensitive

alr thank you!
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

It's not too young to start! Your situation is similar to mine back when I was at that age. Except mine was the other way around. Acne appeared first when I was 9, then period came a year later 😂 So yeah I started a basic skincare routine in order to keep the oil and pimples under control. Otherwise it'll just get worse. A basic routine consisting of a salicylic acid cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen is good enough to start. You can also include a spot treatment like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to apply on the pimples.
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Yes just like @honeybunny said there is no to young! Just try to use the products that you really need! Keep it simple :)
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Do you need any products recommendactions?
upvote

comment

chrysant user profile picture

chrysant

Oily/Resilient

as far as I know, we can immediately start to build our skincare routine when our skin needs it. so I don't think it's too early to start using skincare at 14 since your skin needs it, as long as you choose ingredients & products that are appropriate for your age, and keep it simple. you can buy it by yourself by saving or selling something to earn money. it can be small items such as stickers, stationery, or hair accessories^^
upvote

comment

Yerenica

Dry/Sensitive

alr thank u <3
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!