picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

chrysant user profile picture

chrysant

Oily/Resilient

dot53 Views

giving a review?

as a newbie, I want to provide unbiased reviews, but I'm not sure how to do it well. as a reviewer, what kind of review do you write that will help others so they can be helped by reading your review or at least attract readers' attention? is it that has good photos? with a bright background or an aesthetically pleasing pic? or included a before-after photo? or give a texture shoot? or what should I include in writing a review? pls, help me, thanks in advance!☺💗
upvote

comment

6 Comments

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

there is literally no such thing as an unbiased review. a review, by definition, is your thoughts and opinions about it, and it should be biased bc it’s your point of view. an objective review is not a review. i like to include all the basic things in a review. product design, texture, price. but i also want to know about people’s experience with it. how it affected your skin—immediate and long term, how you feel using it, whether the product meets its claims etc. the more opinions you include, the more natural and authentic it feels. i’m terrible at taking photo but i think natural lights and textures help with them. i don’t think before-after photos are necessary. texture shoots are fun and helpful. play around with the packaging and your surroundings. macros are also nice to look at.
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

i did a discussion about it! just look at my profile ♡
upvote

comment

ciecie user profile picture

ciecie

Oily/Resilient

I will tend to write positive things first, then slowly bring in any negative points and explain why I feel negative about it. Like Enne said, reviews are your own thoughts and opinions, no one will judge you for how ur skin react to the product. I also will go around IG to check how other people do it so I can learn how to write it well 😊. I try to include a video of me trying the items out also.
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I would describe the packaging, texture of product, the smell and how it feels on my skin. I see how my skin reacts to it and write about it.
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

The most important thing for me is whether the product delivered the results it claimed it would do for your particular concern, and for this, reviews based on long-term use are best in my opinion. Pictures of your progress week after week are a big plus!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!