picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Ingredients

lynncochran71 user profile picture

lynncochran71

Oily/Resilient

dot117 Views

Hyaluronic Acid & swelling?

I can't be the only one with this issue. Every time I use most HA products, my face blows up like a balloon wherever it was placed. After 3 days of not using it, my face was back to normal. Anyone else have this problem and have figured out what to replace the HA with that will not cause swelling?? πŸ˜’πŸ€”
upvote

comment

5 Comments

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

Swelling??? Wow!!! Is it painful??😬 You can indeed be sensitive to HA. OR some form of HAs. i personally am sensitive to HYDROLYZED HYALURONIC ACID. It causes me redness. But my skin is ok with other forms of HAs. That said, you can use beta-glucan instead of HA. Or things like Polyglutamic etc...
upvote

comment

lynncochran71

Oily/Resilient

It's not painful. I didn't notice at first until I took a picture with my grandson and saw it from a different angle. I will definitely try those. Thank you. πŸŽƒ
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

Please watch this. It’s by a dermatologist telling you the truth about HA. https://youtu.be/RnrMi-PbBWA Glycerin is a better humectant than HA and you can find it cheap at drugstores or pharmacies.
upvote

comment

lynncochran71

Oily/Resilient

Thank you !😁
upvote

comment

lhs user profile picture

lhs

Oily/Sensitive

polyglutamic acid i guess..some research show that it’s better than hyaluronic acid in terms of hydrating. this product has it:
Madagascar Centella Hyalu-Cica Sleeping Pack

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Hyalu-Cica Sleeping Pack

star rating

(1320)

favorite

upvote

comment

lynncochran71

Oily/Resilient

I've seen that one recommended a lot on here. imaging to check Yesstyle and see if they have it. Thank you πŸŽƒ
upvote

comment

Anastasiya user profile picture

Anastasiya

Oily/Resilient

Yes!!! I absolutely hate this ingredient as it draws the moisture to all the wrong places and leaves me looking sweaty/swollen….it’s just the way it works. I try to avoid it now and stopped using serums that contain it.
upvote

comment

lynncochran71

Oily/Resilient

Me too. and they're putting it every dang thing. The company o work with as put skin care in makeup for 40 + years and i am constantly asking WHY??? We should start a new hashtag...#NoHAineverything πŸŽƒπŸ˜
upvote

comment

Anastasiya user profile picture

Anastasiya

Oily/Resilient

Mad About Skin formulates products without hyaluronic acid or niacinamide and I hear they are amazing:)
upvote

comment

lynncochran71

Oily/Resilient

Thank You. I will definitely look them up πŸ˜πŸ’™
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!