picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Connect

PickyBel user profile picture

PickyBel

Oily/Resilient

dot60 Views

When My Siblings Joke Around

Every time I have a new skincare product that was delivered to me, my brothers and sisters always say that I am into skin whitening, like "What's this, Ate (Big Sis)? Are you getting your skin white?" Like duhhh, I know I am dark-skinned. But, why do they always ask me that!? I love my skin color! All my goal is to TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY SKIN.. It's a plus if the products have whitening effects, but I would still go for those hydrating, exfoliating, moisturizing, glowing effects.. They're just annoying meπŸ™„
upvote

comment

3 Comments

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

Joking about skin color is the weirdest thing tbhπŸ€”πŸ˜¬. Tell them to get lost!!!! They're probably projecting and jealous of your confidence! Healthy skin is all that matters!πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
upvote

comment

PickyBel

Oily/Resilient

I agree with you. Healthy skin is still the most important thing. βœ¨πŸ‘πŸ»
upvote

comment

tinyskin user profile picture

tinyskin

Oily/Resilient

the whole "lighter skin is better" issue in the Philippines is really serious and bad πŸ˜”. at least now it's a little better compared to before where all the commercials just spoke about getting whiter and I'm so happy that you embrace your morena skin tone! as a morena myself, it was hard to embrace my skin color as a child, but now I've come to love the pigment of my skin ☺️. but as a morena, hyperpigmentation is also more difficult to get rid of so I do get some products to BRIGHTEN the marks and not whiten my skin. I hope your sibling come to realize that not all skincare is to whiten one's skin, but I'm sure they'll regret not taking care of their skin when they breakout or get wrinkles 😏
upvote

comment

PickyBel

Oily/Resilient

That's what I'm thinking about. One of my siblings already got an outbreak and I keep advising that you should do's and don'ts these... But, they're like being "Eeww, I will not do any of those. It's only for people like you!" Grrrrrr. Atleast, I did my job as their Ate, it's their choice..
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!