picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Dorra1997 user profile picture

Dorra1997

Dry/Resilient

dot117 Views

Why is double cleansing essential both morning and night!

Oil-based cleansers(namely cleansing balms and cleansing oil) remove, as the name suggests, oil-based impurities! Such as makeup, sunscreen, excess sebum, and pollution! Water based cleansers(namely Cleansing foam, cleansing gel, cleansing cream, or milk cleanser) remove water-based impurities such as dirt, sweart, and any leftover from your oil cleanser! Now a lot of people familiar with double cleansing only use it at night, and it works for so many! But here's why I think you should consider double cleansing in the morning as well: -If you have oily skin type, chances are your skin produced excess sebum at night. And what removes that in the morning better than an oil-based cleanser? -As for dry skin types(like me), usually we use a lot more emollients and occulsives. And what removes those better than an oil-based cleanser? I think it's in your best interest to remove those in the morning do you could start your morning routine on a clean slate. No one wants to pile up more emolients and occulsives on already present emolients and occulsives! -As for any skin types in between like combination or normal skin types, both arguments can work for you! So I am pro double cleansing both morning and night for all skin types! Let me know what you think about this down below ❤️
upvote

comment

11 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

double cleansing both day & night would be a lil too much imo. double cleansing at night is a must for most I agree but double cleanse in the morning is a unnecessary to me. although I hv oily skin & yes it’s a must for me to cleanse my face but cleansing once is more than enough for me too or else my skin would be dry too 😂😂
upvote

comment

tinyskin user profile picture

tinyskin

Oily/Resilient

I agree. I think it's a bit much to also double cleanse in the morning especially if you didn't do much activities that would make your face all sweaty and dirty. some people don't even wash their face or use a more gentle cleanser in the morning because if you're just relaxing and sleeping at night with your skincare, why cleanse your skin squeaky clean. it could leave your skin drier in the long run and some even argue that it's waste to wash off all the good skincare products off your face, and that water would be enough for the excess grime.
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Hi Dorra, welcome to Picky 🤗 I've got dry skin. I double cleanse at night. In the 🌄 mornings, I'll water cleanse, unless I've done slugging the night 🌌 before. It's most important to listen 👂🏼 to our skin to decide which approach suits us. ☺️ I'm following you on IG. I'd appreciate if you followed me too 💕 @blueskies8whiteclouds
upvote

comment

Dorra1997

Dry/Resilient

I totally agree! At the end it's all about what your skin is comfortable with! Thanks for the follow and i'll gladly follow you back!
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

oh there was a time where i did double cleansing mornings and nights. it was nice tbh. it was a time where my skin was really congested, oily and overall dull. it helped a bit i think. now i'm more than ok with double cleansing only at night tho👍🏼👌🏼
upvote

comment

Dorra1997

Dry/Resilient

If it works for you, then I'm really happy for you! ❤️
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Just a thought, if a face wash is able to remove residue from oil based cleanser why wouldn't it be able to remove excess sebum?
upvote

comment

Dorra1997

Dry/Resilient

Once your introduce water to your oil-based cleanser, it become a milky white liquid that you can just wash off with water. In other words, it's no longer an oil. If there's any residue left from the that milky liquid, the water-based cleanser will make sure it's all gone! The excess sebum, however, will always be just oil even if you add water to it. I hope this helps ❤️
upvote

comment

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

I only do it at night as I use sunscreen every day. It's a matter of personal preference..
upvote

comment

Dorra1997

Dry/Resilient

Exactly! It's all a matter of preference! The point of my post was simply to explain my point of view and what works for my skin ❤️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!