picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

dot356 Views

which one is better?

Hi I just want an opinion from you guys. Should i incorporate BHA (salicylic acid) in cleanser or toner? Currently i am using one in the toner, but lately my cleanser dried me out and since i have acne, looking out for another cleanser i bought cerave renewing SA cleanser which already contain salicylic acid. I quite like the cleanser tho and considering to purchase a big one. So, can i use salicylic acid in both cleanser and toner or should i stick to either one?
Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

COSRX
Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

star rating

(1464)

favorite

Renewing SA Cleanser

CeraVe
Renewing SA Cleanser

star rating

(1705)

favorite

Daily Toner Pad

Needly
Daily Toner Pad

star rating

(68)

favorite

upvote

comment

24 Comments

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

Having SA in more than one products in one routine/ regimen might be too harsh on the skin. I would say stick with just one that your skin like the most. I personally would prefer the toner with SA, just because actives needs time to penetrate into your skin while wash off products simply don’t allow that.
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

i also think they needs time to penetrate..thanks a lot😁
upvote

comment

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

Just the salicylic acid in the cleanser won’t likely be enough to treat acne, but it can be gentle enough for daily use (even with things you usually shouldn’t mix with BHA, like retinoids). A leave on salicylic acid product usually is more drying and should be used less frequently, so you could totally use the cleanser daily and the toner a couple times a week to properly exfoliate!
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

agree..when i using retinol, i avoid using BHA toner. thank you for your rec.😁
upvote

comment

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

yes it’s fine to use both as long as ur skin likes it & u r able to tolerate it 😇
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

i can tolerate it for now. hope ok for long term usr
upvote

comment

A

adalan

Oily/Resilient

you can but it'll depend on your skin. it maybe dry you out more but with time your skin may get used to it. like how you slowly go from once a day to 3x on certain skin care.
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

yeah, i use it once a day only..on the evening..in the morning i'm still using cosrx..thank u for your rec.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!