picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

raiya user profile picture

raiya

Dry/Resilient

dot85 Views

Correct order of layering products

What is the perfect order to layer products to get the best outcome and also doesn't damage skin barrier?
upvote

comment

5 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

This is a guide which I use. I hope it helps! I feel what's most important is listening 🎧 to our skin! If it doesn't like a product or something isn't suitable, our skin will respond accordingly. We just gotta listen 👂🏼
upvote

comment

SacredV user profile picture

SacredV

Dry/Resilient

thus awesome!!
upvote

comment

MiftahRachma user profile picture

MiftahRachma

Oily/Sensitive

Thin to the thick. But you must know active ingredients can not some together with another ingredients, retinol with aha bha. Waiting to really absorb. Dont over exfoliation.
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Roughly from thin texture to the thickest texture. You would damage the barrier if the product is not suitable for your skin and you mix two skincare ingredients that your particular skin could not handle because you saw someone else did it.
upvote

comment

IsaacBear user profile picture

IsaacBear

Dry/Resilient

Generally, people tends to apply from the thinnest to thickest. However, there is a research where the different order of layering products shows that there is not much differences in skin whether you apply thin or thick one first. The outcome is barely the same. He is a cosmetic chemist, do check out his instagram! @kindofstephen
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!