Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

WondaDonda user profile picture
picky squad user badge

WondaDonda

Oily/Sensitive

dot84 Views

biggest skincare mistake you committed

Im just curious what skincare mistake did you commit? And at what age did you start a skincare routine?
upvote

comment

17 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Oh, my! I have a few of those!! 1️⃣ Thinking my skin is oily & skipping moisturizer. 2️⃣ Not using sunscreen. 3️⃣ Touching my face, picking at whiteheads, blackheads & zits! I started having a proper, consistent skincare routine earlier this year. I turned 40 recently 😌 I'm following you on IG. I'd appreciate if you followed me too 💕 @blueskies8whiteclouds
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Picked my pimples Never reapplied sunscreen Used drying alcohol in toners for my oily skin I started as a teen but only recently got invested wrt serums and learning the science behind it
upvote

comment

ciecie user profile picture

ciecie

Oily/Resilient

@bluenwhite summarized it well. I think over the years we will accumulate all kinds of skincare mistakes. But the earliest one that I regretted the most was excessive picking and popping my pimples/acne during puberty age, because it left me with scars and enlarged pores for close to 20 years now. Back then the skincare technology wasn't so accessible like now, so it was my biggest mistake. Lucky for me now that we have tons of amazing products to get ourselves treated 🥰
upvote

comment

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

1) not using sunscreen. 2) not using moisturizer when I started to do skincare & thought it was unnecessary 3) one shot try out all new product without realising I had damaged my skin barrier. 4) use exfoliating product everyday without knowing it is exfoliating (yes cuz I'm new and I didn't know anything) 5) I started skincare this yr May & I'm 24 haha
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!