picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Opinion

cylon user profile picture

cylon

Oily/Resilient

dot89 Views

Similar reviews

Good day beauties, so I'm gonna talk about something quite unrelated to skincare this time. I'm currently testing products that I received from last giveaway and is it just me or other discussion about the same product always caught more of my attention. I just like to see how the same product works on different person and skin types. But recently as I scroll through the discussions I saw two very similar discussions, almost 80% I can say. I know that reviewers might have similar opinions on one product, but the sentence structure and phrase used in the discussions are completely the same. I'm not judging if people are referring to each other, i mean we all learn from experience right, but such circumstances that almost looks like copying do make me feel unease. Maybe I'm just being paranoid😂 Also, do leave a comment to tell me if you beauties get attracted to discussions/reviews on the products that you have on hand.
upvote

comment

5 Comments

hxmesick user profile picture

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

Hello there! I do sometimes notice that the review discussions seem similar to me, like I'm reading basically same thing paraphrased over and over again. But can I be honest here? I do not understand the need to post the review here. I thought, by reviewer rules, we have to write our reviews in the product section itself, you know what I mean? People are probably trying to promote their social media pages and gain more followers, which is understandable, but sometimes it gets tedious to swipe through all the discussions on the same topic, about the same product that 150-3000 of Picky users received. Sorry for the rant on your discussion 😅 Overall, I like it when people post reviews on recently released products, that way it feels like a breath of fresh air - something new and interesting to try.
upvote

comment

cylon

Oily/Resilient

Hellooo😆, you must have been through a lots of similar reviews I guess. I don't know about others but I rarely read through all the reviews section and I do feel interesting in reading other opinions if I happened to scroll through their post. I think posting a discussion about product reviews is quite handy to lazy people like me 🤣 and also some new comers or people that are new to the product(I mean we wouldn't research about the product if we never even knew it exist right). I myself also did post my reviews in discussion section to share my experience. However I notice some plagiarism cases, which is what I wanted to point out here. Maybe too much of similar products does occupies the whole discussion sections but I mostly saw them in the ''Giveaways' section. Perhaps you can filter the section that you're interesting in(eg: products info, Deals and News) so you won't have to go through duplicated discussions.
upvote

comment

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

Helloooo yes it not just you , I too notice about this whole plagiarism thing someone literally copy my sentence and change it in her review. it was very obvious as my review has this emoji symbol & that particular girl didn't delete all the emoji when she copied it. I knew she copied mine cuz she commented on my post first then only post her review. so ya I can't do anything about it. haiz
upvote

comment

cylon

Oily/Resilient

Wait what, the audacity 😨😨😨
upvote

comment

Haruuchan user profile picture

Haruuchan

Dry/Resilient

hello !! I also notice sometimes same reviews or parts of the same text. but it doesn’t occur often ? so I don’t really care about that. But it is annoying to see the same review and photo multiple times. I just want to read an honest review. A lot of times like at other websites, it occurs more often than here at Picky. That is why if I want to know something about a product I would rather look here than an other website. I also posted a review of the Klairs Vitamin Drop about a week ago, and it got so many views and upvotes. it was even on no.1 for a day and a half. Normally I really don’t get so many attention and I posted it only because I wanted to share my experience. so I was a bit wondering how it suddenly got so much attention while on my instagram, the exact same review got way less attention. btw I wrote and made the shots myself so no plagiarism ! anyways I like reading reviews but not the same too many times <3 have an awesome day sweeties !
upvote

comment

Haruuchan user profile picture

Haruuchan

Dry/Resilient

and yeah I just checked but if you go to giveaway section, it is not that interesting anymore
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

Yes, plagiarism and blatant copy paste reviews have been happening way too often lately. So if you see them, I suggest reporting the review on Picky. There's not much we can do though, unfortunately 😕
upvote

comment

cylon

Oily/Resilient

I wanted to but I didn't know which to report , just like you said there's nothing much we can do 😰 I just hope the situation doesn't expand
upvote

comment

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

YES THE AUDACITY OF THIS PERSON. But sadly I can't do anything about it 😞
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!