picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Brand Talk

thepetitegirlsworld user profile picture

thepetitegirlsworld

Oily/Resilient

dot695 Views

does the app PICKY work in Pakistan?

I have been on this app for more than 6 months now and despite having a decent amount of followers on Instagram and a good knowledge and love for skincare, being rejected for so many campaigns and monthly boxes just makes me think maybe im not even eligible to participate in this skincare galore of a community. Do you think it is okay to exclude people based on their geographical identity who share the love of skincare just like you from participating and benefitting from events related to this beautiful community? I am sad.
upvote

comment

15 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

I’m so sry to hear that dear 🥺🥺 I don’t think it’s picky fault as there r still event that is eligible globally. maybe the brand itself doesn’t ship to Pakistan. i wish u all the best & hope u will win something next round! good luck 🤞🏻🤞🏻💓💓
upvote

comment

thepetitegirlsworld

Oily/Resilient

Thank you so much love, being pretty close to Korea and having applied fpr so many Korean brands, it does get a little demotivating to not get selected. But this is such a wonderful and wholesome community i really want to continue being a part of it. Thank you for your kindness.
upvote

comment

wyatt user profile picture

wyatt

Dry/Sensitive

I can feel your disappointment and you’re not alone with your assumption. I guess it’s a matter of luck in winning giveaways cuz I’ve read discussion posts that some users won multiple times in a streak. I try not to get my hopes up after applying each giveaway, that’s how I don’t feel disappointed but sometimes I do 😔. but hey, fingers crossed in winning other giveaways 🤞🏻🌸
upvote

comment

thepetitegirlsworld

Oily/Resilient

You're right, i hope our time to shine comes soon too sister! This is such a wonderful community and we know we would love to contribute towards it!
upvote

comment

almondbutter user profile picture

almondbutter

Oily/Sensitive

I definitely understand how you feel as I see some users winning multiple times in a row and whenever I check their region it’s always the same region. so I guess, geographical locations also determine the winners for giveaways and pr and such. I always try not to get my hopes up for giveaways but sometimes I can’t help but feel discouraged when I see some users win so many times in a row.
upvote

comment

thepetitegirlsworld

Oily/Resilient

Exactly. It should not be bound to geographical location but to talent and creativity alone. I hope picky starts appreciating people in regions other than the US. if a giveaway is location specific it should mention which countries it covers
upvote

comment

ash01 user profile picture

ash01

Oily/Resilient

am from India and same story!! 😅
upvote

comment

ash01 user profile picture

ash01

Oily/Resilient

in fact I won the MVP prize in one event and the brand wasn’t ready to ship to where I am (still hasn’t after 3 months). I think in all fairness there should be full disclosure and their should be a lisf of countries that don’t qaulaify for the event/ shipping, so that we don’t get our hopes up every week and are then subsequently disappointed.
upvote

comment

Cath user profile picture

Cath

Oily/Sensitive

Same thought. but i think maybe that is because the shipping coverage is not widely available. You can save up your points for special events though. and actually picky is a great sharing knowledge platform. Hope luck comes to us soon. 😊😊
upvote

comment

thepetitegirlsworld

Oily/Resilient

Thank you, it will be great if they start disclosing the countries each event can be shipped to, so that we can save our points for the events that do apply to us. Thank you for your kind words though. I really hope things turn around for me
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Yadah | Green Tea Pure Cleansing Balm  event

Picky x Yadah | Green Tea Pure Cleansing Balm

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 10th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!