picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Y

yeenreen

Oily/Sensitive

dot86 Views

teen hormonal acne

hellooo so this is my hormonal acne and it started when i was 14 and now im 16. i really want to treat it but there was nothing that last long like BHA and maybe it will suddenly in good and nice condition after several days it's breaking out again. so now i tried taking supplements for my body bcs i was told to take care of the inside too if you have hormonal acne so i just took probiotics past few days hehe AND i really want to go to the derm but can't afford to go to one bcs of lockdown and the service is so damn expensive. for now idk what to do on my skin bcs im scared i might trigger it or anything so yea. i did thinking of getting differin but im too scared bcs it might be too strong and not ready for the risk. so what do you think?
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

1 Comment

Enris user profile picture

Enris

Oily/Resilient

Oh dear I get your struggle. For hormonal acne it's best to visit a derm but yes it can be expensive. Some Tips- • Manage stress • Exercise • Get good amount of sleep (8hrs) • Maintain a good skincare routine. Including BHAs as well hydrating products in your routine. The above tips are summarised from the below link. For further information check out the link, it will take you to a reel in which hormonal acne issues are discussed in detail. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CU6vEIYpymP/?utm_medium=copy_link I'm not sure if it'll help with hormonal acne but these are some tips that I would like to give- • Use gentle cleanser • Using a product with Niacinamide might help you too. • Hormonal acne often leave deep scars but before treating the scars make sure to include hydrating and calming ingredients like Centella, Hyaluronic acid, Green tea, Ginseng, panthenol as such, to calm and soothe your skin that way your barrier wouldn't be compromised. Also, My sister too was suffering from hormonal acne and using Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% helped her acne to subside but it did not completely helped them disappear. I hope it heals soon ♥️ Hang in there!!
Benzac AC 2.5%

Galderma
Benzac AC 2.5%

star rating

(3)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!