picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

dot83 Views

Skincare gifting

Do you guys give people skincare as gifts?! How do you decide what to get them - is it something you think they might like? Something they’ve mentioned they want? Something you know You want/would like? Do you just get a brand voucher so they can choose themselves? I don’t tend to get things on my own wish list as I’ve tried that before and just couldn’t help using it myself first 😂🙈 I usually try and get something that’s getting a lot of good reviews that I think might suit their skin better - or hand creams are always a great option!🙌🏼 Xmas coming up an all, I’ve stocked up on hand creams 💯✅
upvote

comment

8 Comments

wyatt user profile picture

wyatt

Dry/Sensitive

I once bought a laniege hydrating skincare set for a friends birthday. I think hydrating set suitable for almost everyone? since we all need some hydration in our skin right? 😂
upvote

comment

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

haha good thinking! hydration is universal 💦🌏
upvote

comment

allboutskinann user profile picture

allboutskinann

Oily/Sensitive

Giving skincare as gifts is kinda hard. It might not suit their skin and they might blame me. I have to know them and their skin better first before giving products. Maybe a sheetmask or any gentle products would be good for a gift? It would be great if someone gives you skincare products and it would suit your skin, they probably know u very well
upvote

comment

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

sheet masks are a good option for most!👍🏼
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

So I have a skincare friend and we talk about what we bought and how our skin is reacting to stuff and of course what for problems she has. So buying something for her is pretty easy because I know what products she could need. But I think you could never go wrong with mask! Sleeping mask or the one time uses mask just a cute and relaxing pack. Or acne patches are also great :)
upvote

comment

S

Sarin

Oily/Resilient

Oh i just get them whatever they've been eyeing or they had on their wishlist haha. Or maybe something that they were running out of? It's not that big of a deal since I think of gifting skincare only when it comes to people who share my passion for it. Funny you said hand creams are a great option because my love for The Body Shop hand creams is endless 😍 Have you ever received skincare as a gift? My friend got me a Mandelic acid from Wishtrend because we were discussing it and I told her that once my exfoliating toner runs out, I'll buy the Wishtrend one. Overall, I think that handcreams, body lotions, face masks, feet masks eye patches or candles could be a great option, but you have to be mindful of the scents. I think skincare that brings relaxation over actually actively treating the skin is the answer here :)
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I have literally just bought a new skincare routine for my mother in law. When she was visiting, she complained that her skin was very dry and wanted to borrow a moisturiser from me. Then I checked what she was using and since her birthday is later this month, I built her a routine that is more suitable for cold winter months. I got some recommendations from here, used my own knowledge, some YouTube dermatologists tips and voila - I really hope she will enjoy using it and that it will make her skin lovely and nourished through the winter! She had said herself that she can't be bothered to pick something herself, so me doing the research is part of the gift 😅 but if you want to go for something more universal for gifts, I think face masks are always best 👌⭐
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!