picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

A

adalan

Oily/Resilient

dot618 Views

product help

I get really bad cysts on my jawline. looking to add stuff to my routine. I used to just use face wash and lotion but have added sunscreen and toner. I still have no idea what I'm doing and looking for recommendations and how to include them in my routine. Should I be exfoliating? Is a sheet mask the toner step? Like do I use it instead of the toner or after?
upvote

comment

33 Comments

hxmesick user profile picture

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

Hi there! Do you mind sharing your routine with us here? Tbh if the cysts are active, red and irritated, I wouldn't recommend to exfoliate, but in general, if you feel the need to exfoliate, you probably should :) Start with a gentle exfoliating toner few times a week or a peeling/gommage once a week. Consistency and patience are key. Sheet masks are usually applied after cleansing the face, but whether you want to use a toner/ampoule/essence/serum before the sheet mask is entirely your decision. It also actually depends on which product and sheet mask you intend to use one after another, since you don't want the ingredients of each to cancel out or react with each other. Hope that helps ☺️❤️
upvote

comment

A

adalan

Oily/Resilient

I just use the ordinary face wash toner and lotion. and sunscreen in the mornings. I got a couple of the tony moly sheet mask(wine and charcoal ones) and was wondering where to fit them in.
upvote

comment

Olinka user profile picture

Olinka

Oily/Sensitive

cystic acne is really hard to treat with topical products, I usually try not to touch and let it calm down, best to see dermatologist might need oral medication
upvote

comment

A

adalan

Oily/Resilient

thank you! my doctor just gave me a drying lotion but it was too harsh for my skin. I was told to put it on and leave it on overnight but then I wake up with my face a red and it'll stay like that for a few days :( I'm gonna see if they'll refer me to a dermatologist
upvote

comment

celestitemua user profile picture

celestitemua

Dry/Sensitive

maybe your cysts are happening because of a hormonal imbalance; Dr. Zenobia has some great products which are designed for people who have hormone issues. I suggest looking up their products on their site they have a great explanation for their products and there might be something which would be a good match for you. I bought the Benzoil Peroxide Acne Cleanser for my little sister - she has hormonal acne issues that would end up in breakouts that would look like small cysts and after a week she started to see improvements.
upvote

comment

A

adalan

Oily/Resilient

I am 10 months postpartum with my fourth. I was told it would get better once I stop breastfeeding
upvote

comment

shanabanana user profile picture

shanabanana

Dry/Resilient

Tula brand really helped my chin acne
upvote

comment

A

adalan

Oily/Resilient

thank you 😊 I'll look tula up
upvote

comment

evelyncherie user profile picture

evelyncherie

Oily/Sensitive

I think u should add a chemical exfoliant! Paula’s choice 2% bha is my favorite🥰
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

star rating

(619)

favorite

upvote

comment

A

adalan

Oily/Resilient

thank you 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!