picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

ttbykate user profile picture

ttbykate

Oily/Sensitive

dot124 Views

Toner: Before or After Mask?

On nights I want to do some self care I like to use a face mask. I do a cleansing balm to remove initial makeup and then a second cleanse. After this I usually do a toner to remove extra residue. If I’m using a mask, should I skip this step and go straight to the mask and tone after? Or tone before?
upvote

comment

19 Comments

KDanielle  user profile picture

KDanielle

Oily/Resilient

Toner shouldn’t be used to remove extra residue or dirt. it suppose to hydrate your skin, exfoliate or whatever it may do. If anything, I’d use micellar water to remove anything left over if you didn’t get it with water. I’d tone after the mask
upvote

comment

ameliex user profile picture

ameliex

Dry/Resilient

+1 on this!
upvote

comment

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

it depends on what kind of mask you using: if it’s wash off mask, then I’d use the toner after mask, if it is the sheet mask, then toner goes first.
upvote

comment

ciecie user profile picture

ciecie

Oily/Resilient

I agree with this. Toner after cleansing or wash off mask 😊
upvote

comment

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

Hmm usually toner shouldn't be used as remove extra residue, unless you're using exfo toner then sure. everyone have their own way of steps of putting toner, I always put toner after wash off & sheet mask.
upvote

comment

abbywang user profile picture

abbywang

Oily/Resilient

Toner after cleansing, serves as a moisturizing product plus extra cleansing ~ I prefer tapping the toner onto the skin and not using pads 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!