picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

chelsiapatel user profile picture

chelsiapatel

Dry/Resilient

dot73 Views

Reapplying Products Throughout the Day - Dry/Dehydrated Skin

Hi everyone! My skin has always been super dry but after looking at one of Picky’s posts on Instagram I think it also maybe dehydrated as well. I normally never get a lot of break outs but lately I’ve been getting more, and usually my dry skin is just a little patch or 2 on my face while now a days it’s basically covering my whole face (eyelids included! as well as being bad around my lips) So today I had a shower and have been reapplying one of the cream based moisturizers I have about every couple of hours. It seems to be helping me feel more hydrated and less dry but what I was curious about was if I should be washing my face each time I reapply. Does the 2nd, 3rd, so on time I reapply my moisturizer to my skin not work as well because the residue/moisturizer from the time before is still on my skin? Does this make sense? Am I overthinking this more than I should be?😅 Anyways just looking for a little advice and knowledge. If you’ve seen any of my past discussions you know I’m fairly new to skincare and still learning so bare with me if I sound sort of dumb right now because I’m truly just unsure And if you were curious about what Picky had to say on Dry vs Dehydrated skin I have the photos below so you can view it yourself!
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

1 Comment

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

First of all, there is no dumb question cause everyone had to start somewhere. My skin is also very dry where I find myself reapplying my moisturizer mid-day. You can just reapply on top of what you already have on and make sure to reapply your sunscreen too. Or you can get a very moistizing sunscreen and just use that. I found this one to be really moisturzing. You don't want to over cleanse and dry out your skin even more (since your skin is already dry) hence reapplying on top but it's what you're comfortable with. You may want to add an an essence and serum to your routine if you're not using any yet. They give you another layer of hydration.
Intensive UV Sunblock Cream SPF50+/PA+++

3wClinic
Intensive UV Sunblock Cream SPF50+/PA+++

star rating

(329)

favorite

upvote

comment

almondbutter user profile picture

almondbutter

Oily/Sensitive

I love this reply! I agree with this.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!