picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

MiniArora03 user profile picture

MiniArora03

Oily/Resilient

dot107 Views

collagen supplements

Collagen supplements for skin are one of the latest buzz in the skincare community. I wanted to share my honest experience with you guys. So here goes.. ✨Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Unflavored Powder - 10oz Review✨ Price: $30 (including tax) @ Target This is one of the most well known Collagen supplement and claims to be unflavored and supports healthy hair, skin, nails and joints. It can be mixed in with cold or hot drinks. My Experience: I got it a couple months ago and used 2 scoops (as recommended) mixed in water every morning for a week religiously. Then i missed a day (unintentionally) only to realize that now my body was missing it. I felt lethargic that whole day and next. This gave me a pause (I don’t like being addicted to anything) so I decided to take a break. Since I haven’t taken it for long enough, i can’t really say if it meets all its claims or not. However, I can say that it does have a taste and thick consistency which made it very tough for me to consume it. I tried it both in regular water and hot tea. I do plan to try taking this again and miss a day, intentionally this time, to see if i experience the same lethargy or not. If I do, then it will be a definite NO for me. Note: Even though it says grass fed on the front, in the back it says bovine; all of which means it is sourced from cow bone broth and these cows are grass fed. This cringes me a bit but most collagen supplements are sourced from either bovine or wild caught fish-scales. So if you are a vegan/vegetarian, please check how that specific collagen supplement was sourced. Final Thoughts: Some Dermatologists like Dr Vanitarattan can’t rave enough about this collagen powder while others like esthetician Cassandra Bankson are completely against it. For me, I might finish this bottle but i don’t plan to buy this or any other Collagen supplements anymore unless i see drastic changes when i try it again. I think increasing your collagen production through a healthy diet rich in Vitamin C, and using skincare products that promote skin cell changeover are a much better and proven technique to boosting collagen. Ps: I did a whole informational series on Collagen supplements and collagen creams. Check them out below if you are interested!! 1. Truth about collagen cream: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUFt43ppLJm/?utm_medium=copy_link 2. Collagen cream review: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUK4OPIpaSY/?utm_medium=copy_link 3. Truth about Collagen supplements: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CU7wpEMAhwD/?utm_medium=copy_link 4. Collagen supplement review: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVDgo81JkHj/?utm_medium=copy_link I hope this helps.. 😊
carousel
upvote

comment

3 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Consuming collagen will not lead to collagen production as you will digest the collagen into amino acids that will be used to make any protein, not specifically collagen. Eating any other source of protein will have the exact same effect on collagen production. If you want to specifically induce collagen synthesis by your skin your need to stimulate it with AHAs or vitamin C.
upvote

comment

MiniArora03

Oily/Resilient

thanks and that is what i stated in my final thoughts in my review above.
upvote

comment

MiftahRachma user profile picture

MiftahRachma

Oily/Sensitive

Thankyou for sharing, i want know about it. Do you drink collogen every day ? This is safe for body ? Thankyou ❤
upvote

comment

MiniArora03

Oily/Resilient

please see the links i added for more info. difficult to type it all up..
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you for raising this discussion, Mini ❣️ I've been consuming (attached) collagen supplement for around 2 months. But I haven't been consistent 😅 I don't like the taste unless it's in my smoothie. I'm trying to learn if consuming collagen supplement will help our skin. Like you mentioned, there are skincare professionals for & against it. Aaarghh! That makes it difficult for me to make a decision 😖
upvote

comment

MiniArora03

Oily/Resilient

good luck!! i hope you see results soon
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!