picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

curlyemily user profile picture

curlyemily

Oily/Resilient

dot53 Views

T-Zone usually oily, but tight after shower?

Hey pickies! I have a question about what’s going on with my skin after I take a shower. So, I have combo/oily skin (sort of oily T-zone with normal cheeks). However, after I take a shower, my skin - ESPECIALLY my t-zone - feels so tight and like the moisture has been sucked from my skin. It’s so uncomfortable, and I crave immediate hydration. Is it normal for an oily t-zone to experience this, or is this a sign my skin type is something else? This pretty much happens whether or not I use a cleanser in the shower (sometimes I forget to use it). In fact, more so when I don’t cleanse my face in the shower.
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Beautywithhunnie user profile picture

Beautywithhunnie

Oily/Resilient

Usually hot shower dries out skin... would suggest to use a hydrating cleanser and use toner after you are done showering. Also, oily doesn't equal to hydration. I know when my skin is dehydrated, it tends to produce more oil to "compensate". So now, I have been using hydrating mist a few times in the middle of the day, and it really help reduce the oiliness in my T zone/ nose/ chin area. Hope it helps ❤️
upvote

comment

curlyemily user profile picture

curlyemily

Oily/Resilient

I learned that recently! My skin feels dehydrated sometimes - any cleansers you recommend?
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

You may have hard water which would dry your skin out even more. A gentle cleanser would be a good addition. Apply a hydrating toner or serum right after and a moisturiser with some occlusive ingredients.
Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

Simple
Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

star rating

(253)

favorite

Water Boost Micellar Facial Gel Wash

Simple
Water Boost Micellar Facial Gel Wash

star rating

(77)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!