picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

styxx user profile picture

styxx

Oily/Resilient

dot55 Views

essence vs. toner

Hi! I would just like to ask, do you guys prefer a toner over an essence or the other way around? Also, if you do use both, does it make a huge difference than when using one over the other? Thanks!
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Clarab13 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Clarab13

Oily/Resilient

having an oily skin, I can layer toner and essence only in the winter months, when my skin is really dehydrated because of the heating. toner is always a part of my routine while the essence , I can use it even instead of serum in the summer, like the wishtrend active quad one, because it's a lot more intense results wise than a toner. while layering in the winter, I do see a result, in the hydration levels mostly, but at the same time, I know I can layer the toner too. huge difference? I would say no.
Quad Active Boosting Essence

By WISHTREND
Quad Active Boosting Essence

star rating

(187)

favorite

Fig Boosting Essence

I'M FROM
Fig Boosting Essence

star rating

(87)

favorite

upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I favor essences in the morning because I feel like my skin needs a boost of hydration to brave the outside world, especially during winter, and toners in the evening to make sure my skin is hydrated, but not overwhelmed 😊
upvote

comment

MiftahRachma user profile picture

MiftahRachma

Oily/Sensitive

Iam use both. Iam use essence from Benton snail for strength barrier and prevent acne
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

i dont have a favourite. depends on the formula cos some toners feel like essences cos they are quite thick. i used to use a toner AND essence, but i think it was unneccesary and felt that it was just a marketing trick for consumers to buy more. Now i just use a toner or essence.
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

to me toners and essences are interchangeable really. i usually prefer essences because of their formulations. i use toner AND essence only when i wanna gently exfoliate daily: exfo toner+hydrating essence.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!