picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Product Info

PickyBooh user profile picture

PickyBooh

Oily/Sensitive

dot48 Views

ALL ABOUT TONERS

I just recently made a skincare routine for myself so I am basically a newb when it comes to these products. I just usually do a routine where I wash with soap, use cleanser and then apply moisturizer. But lots of people are telling me that toners are a good add-on. So here are my questions: What are toners actually for? What does it do to the skin? How does it work? How often do you have to use it in a week?
upvote

comment

7 Comments

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

back then toner only used to Balance your face ph level,but now there are many variations of toners such as hydrating and exfoliating,basically toner function is to hydrate your skin and makes the next product you used absorbs better(because product/skincare absorbs better on hydrated or damp skin),hydrating toner can be used everyday (I’ll suggest to not used cotton pad when using hydrating toner),for exfoliating toner (there are daily and weekly toner,daily means the exfoliating agent are gentle enough to be used everyday usually the percentages of active ingredients is smaller than weekly toner the result of daily toner may be slower than weekly(but daily toner is perfect for beginners),weekly exfoliating toner usually can be used 2-3x/week at night time the percentages of active ingredients should be higher than daily exfo toner(I’ll suggest you to used cotton pad when using exfo toner)
upvote

comment

H

hira71

Oily/Resilient

Exactly! I almost write the same things !
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Sorry not a toner related comment but did you mean to say that you use a bar of soap and then a face wash (cleanser) to wash your face? That is wayyy too stripping for your skin. I would highly recommend not to use any kind of bar of soap at all. For double cleanse you should go for a cleansing balm/oil/micellar water etc followed by a face wash (cleanser).
upvote

comment

PickyBooh user profile picture

PickyBooh

Oily/Sensitive

Ohh. Though I just use gentle face soap, I will follow what you said. Thank you for that!
upvote

comment

HanYu12 user profile picture

HanYu12

Oily/Sensitive

Toner is a step that prepares the skin to receive nutrients, it soothes, softens, or cleanses the skin
upvote

comment

nini426 user profile picture

nini426

Dry/Sensitive

pixi glow tonic
upvote

comment

carejunki user profile picture

carejunki

Dry/Sensitive

the standard toner provides imidiate hydration and it’s used to prep the skin for the rest of your routine. but, you can also find toners with active ingredients. this makes the toner a treatment step (because it’s providing other benefits other than hydration)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!