Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Expert

drcrystallee user profile picture
experts user badge

drcrystallee

Oily/Sensitive

dot981 Views

Vitamin B vs Vitamin C

Niacinamide and Vitamin C are some of my favourite skincare ingredients! They are great powerhouses that work well individually and even better when used together 🙌🏻 When used together, they complement each other's multitude of benefits and result in a powerful combination. Niacinamide and Vitamin C have many overlapping benefits but they both have slightly different mechanisms of action, so you're addressing the issue from various angles. For example, both are key ingredients for fading hyperpigmentation and brightening overall skin tone. However, Vitamin C works by inhibiting tyrosinase (enzyme in the production of melanin) while niacinamide is thought to prevent the transfer of melanin (pigment) within cells. If you're thinking of using both niacinamide and vitamin C together, you can either look for one product that contains both or layer them separately! ✨What are some of your favourite products? ✨ 🌸 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.crystallee
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

77 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you, Dr Lee for highlighting the subtle different mechanisms of action of these 2 ingredients ❣️ I've had really good experience with this gentle Vitamin C serum to lighten my PIH marks! ☺️
Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

Dear, Klairs
Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

star rating

(575)

favorite

upvote

comment

Newtoskincare user profile picture

Newtoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

thank you for sharing! I haven’t try many vitamin C product except for Jumiso and I think is pretty good so far 😊
upvote

comment

N

nurrq

Oily/Sensitive

Great info, I've learned something new today😃. Thanks Doc!
upvote

comment

nmxplm user profile picture

nmxplm

Oily/Resilient

aw thank you for this informative post
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!