picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

chelsiapatel user profile picture

chelsiapatel

Dry/Resilient

dot58 Views

Tell me about Collagen

So I just saw this reel of @GlowWithAva’s on Instagram about what her mom does to keep her skin healthy (jello skin was the exact words) and she mentions about putting collagen powder in her morning yogurt and I just want to know 1. What is Collagen/Collagen Powder? 2. How does it work/How do you use it? 3. What are the benefits? 4. Are there different types? Anyways I figured Picky is full of many people who know many things and being a Canadian this is not a common or known thing so if anyone wants to spark my newfound curiosity on collagen please comment :) Here is the reel if anyone is curious https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVK-0ioJUa1/?utm_medium=copy_link
upvote

comment

2 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

This came up in recent discussions, but I will say it again: • Consuming 👏 collagen 👏 will 👏 not 👏 stimulate 👏 skin 👏 collagen 👏production any 👏 more 👏 than 👏 any 👏 other👏 source👏 of 👏 protein. • It will be digested into amino acids that will be used by your body to produce any protein that your whole body needs. • Use AHAs, vitamin C, or retinol instead, these will do! I hope this clears it up! Keep your money! Much love to everyone ❤😊
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Yes yes and yes!
upvote

comment

Skincareat40 user profile picture

Skincareat40

Dry/Sensitive

I asked my doctor and she said taking collagen supplements won’t stimulate collagen. that your body needs to make it.
upvote

comment

chelsiapatel user profile picture

chelsiapatel

Dry/Resilient

that’s good to know thank you! I’ve never heard about collagen up until this point so I’m glad to be learning about all of this and not wasting my money on it!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!