picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

B

Bemakeuplife

Dry/Sensitive

dot63 Views

antioxidants

Hey guys! I hear the word antioxidant all the time and I’m really confused with what it actually is and what does it include. I know you’re meant to use it in the morning but that’s about it 😂 please help
upvote

comment

5 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Hey hun, antioxidants are substances that help protect the skin's surface from oxidative damage caused by free radicals and environmental aggressors like UV and pollution. Together with sunscreen, antioxidants will strengthen your shield against UV damage. I use this vitamin E cream in the mornings 🌄 as part of my defence against UV radiation!
Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask

Dear, Klairs
Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask

star rating

(295)

favorite

upvote

comment

B

Bemakeuplife

Dry/Sensitive

thank you!!! I have this mask!! so you usually pair this with your sunscreen right?
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Antioxidants can correct the signs of aging, prevent sun damage, stimulate the skin to repair itself, and brighten skin tone. They include ingredients such as vitamin C, vitamin E, niacinamide, retinol, polyphenols, coenzyme Q10, and resveratrol. I hope this helps 😊
upvote

comment

B

Bemakeuplife

Dry/Sensitive

thank you so much!!
upvote

comment

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

From what I’ve read, antioxidants prevent and reverse the effects of sun damage 😍 so that’s why they’re best used in the morning before sun exposure
upvote

comment

B

Bemakeuplife

Dry/Sensitive

right thank you!!! what are some good ingredients that are antioxidants?
upvote

comment

MiftahRachma user profile picture

MiftahRachma

Oily/Sensitive

I think antioxidants, preparing skin from UV and inflamations. This Commonlabs good antioxidant, inflamations, and strength skin barrier.
CaitlynF user profile picture

CaitlynF

Oily/Resilient

the science behind it is somewhat complex but to put it simply: oxygen and UV rays can deteriorate cells in our body by oxidation just like you would think of oxidation for anything else. the antioxidant is what “gives itself up” and deteriorates instead of your cells, while also giving benefits before that happens. EX: vitamins like A,E,C,niacinamide (a little bit). some plant extracts bc they have components and stuff like that. that’s why sometimes an extract can be an irritating fragrance OR a beneficial ingredient.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!