picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

dot699 Views

[GUIDE] DRYNESS pt. 2

🌿 Damaged skin barrier Having a compromised barrier is the root of experiencing dry skin. Without a fully function barrier our skin is extremely vulnerable. 》Add products with ceramides and fatty acids to help restore your barrier 》Stop using harsh products 🌿 Only using humectants Humectants are water attracting and can draw water from our environment into our skin. However in low humidity humectants can pull moisture out of our skin which leads to dry skin and dehydration 》Try to use a more occlusive products which prevent the water from escaping Oils, creams, moisturizer are occlusives 🌿 Only using occlusives Occlusives form a barrier between our barrier and the air. Their job is to LOCK the moisture in our skin and not to deliver it. 》 Try to incorporate hydrating products (I did a discussion about serums, check it out) 🌿 Layering your products in the wrong order If you're laying your occlusives (like oils) before hydrating products, your hydrating products may not penetrate as deeply into your skin as usual. 》 Change your order > from thinnest to thickest consistency 🌿 Changing seasons and weather Changing season and changing of the weather can also be drying to our skin 》 Adapt your skincare routine and add more hydrating and thicker products Some methods that helps me! 》 7 skin method! Apply your hydrating toner/serum/ essence 7 times. It gives you a hydrating kick 》 Slugging Apply a small layer of petroleum jelly (vaseline) to your face at the end of your PM routine. Vaseline is very occlusive! 》Using a sleeping mask overnight to prevent water loss during the night Hope this can clarify why someone could experience dryness. Part 1 is up on my profile. What are your methods against dryness and tightness?🌿
upvote

comment

79 Comments

skinchelinguide user profile picture

skinchelinguide

Dry/Resilient

Love this! However, just reminding everyone that not all skin can accept SLUGGING. Some may breakout really bad if their skin doesn’t like Vaseline. Take precautions to those who have really sensitive skin.☺️
upvote

comment

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Yes exactly! I read that a lot people with oilier skin dint like slugging but my skin personally loves it!
upvote

comment

SkincareNerd user profile picture

SkincareNerd

Oily/Resilient

very informative. thank you
upvote

comment

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

no problems dear ♡
upvote

comment

Loriehernando user profile picture

Loriehernando

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for sharing this very detailed post
upvote

comment

MiftahRachma user profile picture

MiftahRachma

Oily/Sensitive

Bookmark. Thankyou for sharing 🤗
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!