picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Ingredients

carejunki user profile picture

carejunki

Dry/Sensitive

dot147 Views

BAMBOO In Skincare?!?

Have you ever tried bamboo skincare? Would you ever use that product again? When I think of bamboo, I think of snack that giant pandas munch on. But bamboo can also be used in skincare. In fact, bamboo is a popular star ingredient in korean skincare because of itsโ€™ many benefits: ๐—›๐˜†๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด Bamboo is made up of 70% natural silica, making it the richest natural source of essential minerals. Silica binds to the protein molecules that contribute to the skinโ€™s ability to hold on to water, something people with dehydrated skin may struggle with. ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜…๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ Almost all plants have antioxidants properties and, while bamboo falls under the category, it isnโ€™t the strongest out there. If youโ€™re specifically looking for an antioxidant, green tea is a classic. ๐—ช๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—›๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด Bamboo is a beneficial ingredient for those who suffer from acne-prone skin as it has been proven to promote wound healing. The outer layer of the skin acts as a barrier against bacteria, grease, and pollution. These can clog pores and triggers inflammation, resulting in the formation of acne. Pollution can also weaken the skin barrier making it prone to more inflammations and irritations. Bamboo extract can leave the skin with a greater strength and firmness, which is perfect for a damaged skin barrier and acne-prone skin. ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐— ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ In traditional Chinese medicine, bamboo was often used on cuts and wounds to promote would healing. Basically, it was used to make cuts and infections heal faster!
carousel
carousel
Soothe Bamboo Lotion

Keep Cool
Soothe Bamboo Lotion

star rating

(90)

favorite

Soothe Bamboo Toner

Keep Cool
Soothe Bamboo Toner

star rating

(227)

favorite

Soothe Bamboo Water Gel Mist

Keep Cool
Soothe Bamboo Water Gel Mist

star rating

(49)

favorite

upvote

comment

30 Comments

watermelons user profile picture

watermelons

Dry/Resilient

I had their bamboo mist and it was really good!
upvote

comment

carejunki

Dry/Sensitive

Really! have you posted a review on picky? I might check it out :โ€™)
upvote

comment

glowingpotato user profile picture

glowingpotato

Oily/Resilient

Really curious about this bamboo series from Keep Cool ๐Ÿ’•
upvote

comment

HollyGoLiteLeee user profile picture

HollyGoLiteLeee

Oily/Resilient

Good to know, thanks.
upvote

comment

KDanielle  user profile picture

KDanielle

Oily/Resilient

i have that toner. i got it in the first picky box. itโ€™s a no for me. itโ€™s basically water and not very hydrating for me. If I had to use it, Iโ€™d use it as a mist in between layers or something to freshen up during the day
upvote

comment

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

I will try the bamboo series from keep cool soon
upvote

comment

carejunki

Dry/Sensitive

yayy! Hope you enjoy it <3
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!