picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

funskincaremi user profile picture

funskincaremi

Dry/Sensitive

dot68 Views

vitamin c and dark spots

how long does vitamin c take to work? I've been using the ordinary ascorbic 8% + alpha arbutin 2% for almost 2 months now but I haven't noticed any changes. I think it has oxidized but idk. there are yellow spots on the package. will the Madagascar Centella ampoule be better for me?
Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%

The Ordinary
Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%

star rating

(67)

favorite

Madagascar Centella Tone Brightening Capsule Ampoule

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Tone Brightening Capsule Ampoule

star rating

(2347)

favorite

upvote

comment

2 Comments

amg3268 user profile picture

amg3268

Oily/Sensitive

2 months is a very long time for Ascorbic Acid to be exposed to air, and you should have already seen results (and ideally finished the product) after a month. It probably has oxidized unfortunately.
upvote

comment

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

I haven’t tried that ampoule, but based on the ingredients it doesn’t look like it would pack the same brightening punch as the product you are currently using. I am surprised you haven’t seen any change after so long though - I’m sorry! Maybe try another vitamin C serum? I know people love the Good Molecules brightening serum and discoloration correcting serum, too, so those could be worth a try 😊 Good luck!

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!