picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Opinion

smellysharpie user profile picture

smellysharpie

Dry/Sensitive

dot78 Views

What Got You Into Skincare?

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š I an wondering what inspired/motivated your interest in all things skincare? I personally was highly influenced by my sister, who would always be buying new products. I quickly became interested in the packaging, ingredients, etc. I want to keep my skin look as youthful as possible, for as long as possible ๐Ÿ˜… What about you? Was it a flare-up of acne? A really good brand you learned about? Were you inspired by someone else, like I was? Excited to hear what you have to say ๐Ÿ’• - Maxy
upvote

comment

4 Comments

novtwenique user profile picture

novtwenique

Dry/Resilient

healthy and glowy skin๐Ÿคฉโค๏ธ
upvote

comment

smellysharpie

Dry/Sensitive

yesss, thatโ€™s what weโ€™re all vying for ๐Ÿคฉ
upvote

comment

asyanie user profile picture

asyanie

Oily/Resilient

I highly influenced by myself. I start using skincare slowly (cleanser + moisturiser) in the end of my primary school, but I didn't using SPF because I have not been revealed about it plus my mom didn't allow me to using skincare at random. I highlight in my mind that if we take care of our skin, it will make our skin better & more beautiful than covering it with makeup. Other than that it's because I don't want to bullied by people that always make jokes about my skin colour. But after I learn more about skincare and collect more skincare it have been my therapy plus it helps me a lot with my skin concern. All I can say is it help me to reduce my acne scar & also lighten my skin even not 100%. I've been fighting to recover my skin tone since I'm a athlete back then in my primary + secondary school. But I still didn't get it why people alway ask or look bad on my skin colour. I super down if somebody ask/make jokes about my skin colour even I didn't care or disturb them. In my country people always normalised that white skin are more beautiful & got more attention than a tan skin like me. I got bullied from primary school but all I can say right now people always pay attention and care to people that have white skin, especially with the boys, they'll make fun of my skin tone. I just have small circles friend from my tablemate and they always with me if we're going to canteen/classes. After of this case I become introvert/ambivert base on situation, but I didn't take it too much and just focus on what I love right now, but I hope people will not disturbing me or make fun of my skin colour anymore & sincerely make friends without judgment ๐Ÿ˜Œ
upvote

comment

smellysharpie

Dry/Sensitive

Aw, Iโ€™m so sorry to hear about the colourism โ˜น๏ธ I hope you learn to love yourself, it takes time but itโ€™s so important to accept who you are/what you look like. Iโ€™m glad youโ€™re finding pleasure in skincare and makeup! Wishing you the best, you got this ๐Ÿ’•
upvote

comment

betterdays user profile picture

betterdays

Dry/Sensitive

I love posts like these and feel they really engage with us picky users. I've first got into skincare bc my face didn't always feel clean and because of acne. My journey started last year and it has opened many doors of happiness both physically and mentally. I came across skincare seriously when I was scrolling through the app store and it has led me to this wonderful community! I even started to get my sister involved. Like you've mentioned in your own post I love looking at the packaging & ingredients. I'm all for trying new and underrated products. Skincare is amazing. I also love how much knowledge I've gathered through this app and simply by scrolling through this app.
upvote

comment

smellysharpie

Dry/Sensitive

Thanks for taking the time to respond ๐Ÿ˜Š I totally agree that skincare is a way to feel happy and honestly, to boost self confidence. I love how it makes me feel - I like that I can take time for myself to relax and go through a routine, and I like that my skin looks glowing after!! Iโ€™ve also learned so much so far (I only started back in April-ish)โ€ฆ I especially love the outine feature of this app that gives us feedback! Ahhhh, skincareโ€™s the best hobby Iโ€™ve ever had ๐Ÿ˜Œ
upvote

comment

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

Mine was flare-up acne, specifically adult acne. My skin was fine and a lot more manageable back when I was still a teenager, really missed those days, sometimes that is my goal, but for the more realistic side, I aim for healthy skin ๐Ÿ˜Š
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!