picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Skin Concern

ParisJ user profile picture

ParisJ

Oily/Sensitive

dot91 Views

Dietary changes for skin

Have you made any dietary changes for the health of your skin? I've been thinking about going dairy and gluten free for a few weeks now. This is mostly for my menstrual health but I've heard that dairy isn't good for your skin and people have noticed clearer skin when they remove it from their diet. I haven't heard from anyone about how gluten has affected their skin but dairy sure does seem to have a bad reputation! Are there any foods/food groups that you've removed and had good results from?
upvote

comment

13 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Definitely have a balanced diet with lots of veggies and fruits, make sure to drink lots of water and limit your processed food consumption as it often contains more saturated fats, sugar, and salt. I don't think dairy and gluten are necessarily bad, but if you want to experiment there is nothing wrong with that 😊 I hope this helps!
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Dairy yes, gluten only applies if you have an intolerance or sensitivity. If your body digests gluten without a problem, there's no reason to cut it out. Most gluten free substitutes contain more fat, sugar and/or salt and are usually far less healthy and would likely be worse for your skin too. Dairy does affect some people's skin but again, doesn't mean it's bad for everyone. But might be worth experimenting with. Generally good healthy and hydrated body is the best you can do for good skin health. So make sure to eat a balanced diet, drink lots of water and avoid indulging things. Other things to consider would be stress levels, sleep patterns, exercise etc. anything that can affect your hormones.
upvote

comment

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

my skin always gets better and more glowing with less breakouts when I limit my sugar intake πŸ‘πŸΌ
upvote

comment

ParisJ user profile picture

ParisJ

Oily/Sensitive

yeah same but I have an insane sweet tooth πŸ˜‹
upvote

comment

Finchy user profile picture

Finchy

Dry/Sensitive

I am gluten free (and very sensitive to it). It definitely causes inflammation for me, including facial puffiness. I feel like I can see this in pictures from before I went gluten free… it’s almost like I have chipmunk cheeks. High sulfite and high histamine foods also cause problems for me… facial swelling especially in my eyelids and dry red patches. High lactose dairy gives me cystic acne.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!