Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

remedyforbeauty user profile picture
super picky user badge

remedyforbeauty

Oily/Sensitive

dot82 Views

Maskne— what do you wash your face masks with to avoid it❓

Hello skincare family, I’ve been breaking out where my face mask sits constantly. It’s getting so frustrating. I know it’s not my skin products because it’s only under the mask area. This got me thinking, what do people use to wash their face masks⁉️ I was using Dawn dish soap and soaking them in the sink. But would I wash my face with dish soap❓ HELL NO❗️❗️ So why am I using it on something that sits on my face most of the day… so I decided to try using a face cleanser (not my beloved Kbeauty cleansers or expensive ones. I had a tube of Simple Brand cleanser that I didn’t like for my face, so I used that instead Let’s see if I can get rid of the maskne now?? So do you throw your masks in with the wash? Soak them in the sink? What soap are you using and do you have maskne issues too⁉️ Luv Michelle💖
Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

Simple
Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

star rating

(253)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I use handsoap to wash my mask, or throw them in the laudry in laundry day. I spot treat acne as usual, use daily gentle exfolliants, Niacinamide to keep the pores clear and retinoids to keep skin optimum. it also depends if the acne is cause from sweat and friction from the mask which I will make sure the area is moisturized, if not the other steps I will follow. In the end the mask and double mask helps me to avoid Covid, even if I am vaccinated and the mask itself will cover up acne. There is many different mask to try from silk mask, surgical mask, k94 mask, k95 mask etc2. One is bound to be comfortable to you and won’t aggravate more zits
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

remedyforbeauty

Oily/Sensitive

thx for the tips 😊
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I wear a clean face mask every day and wash the dirty ones in the laundry 😊
upvote

comment

thebasicblue user profile picture

thebasicblue

Dry/Sensitive

🤔 I would wash the face mask in detergent that contains no fragrance, skip the softener. I find that anything soap or detergent with fragrance easily irritate my skin when I wash my face mask in. or swap to disposable one in between and change every 3-4 hours
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I wash mine in high temperature in the washing machine to make sure all bacteria is killed. If I did it by hand, I'd use antibacterial hand wash and rinse it in very hot water at the end.
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

remedyforbeauty

Oily/Sensitive

thx, I’ll try that 🙂
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!