picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

Megz user profile picture

Megz

Oily/Resilient

dot48 Views

Medical Grade Chemical Peel

Just wondering if anyone has done a medical grade chemical peel either at home or in office what their experience was like....pros, cons, downtime, what type of peel, etc.
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I may be wrong but I think this is the highest strength that can be purchased for use at home. I absolutely love it and my skin has never been this smooth, free of blackheads and my scars are healing. I haven't had it done professionally so I can't compare but I think this is the best you can get if you want to do it yourself.
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

The Ordinary
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

star rating

(1780)

favorite

upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

You mean like PCA, TCA etc? Majority of medical grade peels are not available for non professionals. I would not recommend using them on your own because application matters - you have to do it quick, usually it's better if someone applies it and controls the entire process. Last time I did medical peel, we had to check time to make sure we apply the peel in 3 minutes max. You have to protect broken skin with vaseline or other solutions - depends on what product says. You also should have neutralizer and water. With downtime - it depends on skin, sometimes you have to shorten the time, my friend used one acid one minute too long and it turned out that one of our friend had to help her in her own salon since she needed some products to calm the skin
upvote

comment

Megz user profile picture

Megz

Oily/Resilient

Yes I do mean those types. I purchased a medical grade TCA 13% peel from a reputable online website (platinum skincare I believe) it came with a detailed instruction book and has YouTube videos on before, during, and aftercare
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!