Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

HIBeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

HIBeauty

Dry/Sensitive

dot438 Views

La Roche Posay - marketed for sensitive skin but it is really

Hi Beauties, This opinion might not be really popular but I got very annoyed recently because people keep saying how La Roche Posay are amazing products suitable for everyone especially sensitive skin- how clean and gentle they are ect. ("Clean" and "Natural" are claims I won't even start talking about...) I definitely do not agree. We all have some favorite brands and everyone has opinion but people tend to advise without checking their info. This really upsets me because I have seen so many people going after the popular opinions. I have been beauty therapist for the past 10 years so for me skincare is not just hobby but passion and job that I dedicated a lot of time. But skincare changes constantly and if you are newbie say with acne or Rosacea or any irritated skin and see admiration for products- you might even start saving to buy them. People say they are great so surely they are!? But not really For me this is small step but I hope you understand where I come from and why I would like to share what I have found. First- I don't hate LRP- I used their products and I think their Toleriane range is great and indeed suitable for sensitive skin. Anthelios are one of the best "Western" SPF products but that's about it for me. C-10: * uses Ascorbic acid - famously unstable and needing low pH environment. * There is also Salicylic acid that is in really low percentage * 5th ingredient is Alcohol denat - drying alcohol * the product has added perfume * 3 months life since opening * Dropper making absolute mess- you van see the image -when I used the serum last time I purposely didn't wiped it amd this is the look of it 4 day later. It also really bothered me the INCI list from their website. As comparison there is also image of the INCI list of the same serum from Boots-famous here in UK pharmacy retailer. So no, this is not for all skin types including sensitive if you ask me I know everyone skin is different and in some people this product might actually be fine. Unfortunately I personally saw many cases where people received free product that costs 40£ and feel that they need to leave great review but this might harm someone desperate to improve their skin. I apologize for the long post
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
Pure Vitamin C10 Serum

La Roche-Posay
Pure Vitamin C10 Serum

star rating

(46)

favorite

upvote

comment

31 Comments

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

i used their lipikar baume lotion, targeted for eczema prone skin.. wasnt a fan at all.. it stings and isnt soothing at all… so now in kinda hesitant to try their other products
Lipikar Baume AP+

La Roche-Posay
Lipikar Baume AP+

star rating

(37)

favorite

upvote

comment

HIBeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

HIBeauty

Dry/Sensitive

I have tried the Lipicar SFP 50 and didn't have issues but it is not amazing if you ask me 😜
upvote

comment

funskincaremi user profile picture

funskincaremi

Dry/Sensitive

omg so all of their products are bad? I really wanted to get this one 😔 thanks for sharing
Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Facial Cleanser

La Roche-Posay
Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Facial Cleanser

star rating

(357)

favorite

upvote

comment

SvetlanaS user profile picture

SvetlanaS

Dry/Sensitive

This particular cleanser is really good for sensitive skin if you are ok with the fact that it doesn't foam at all. It's actually the only product I like from LRP, the ingredient list is simple,check it.
upvote

comment

Epicskin user profile picture

Epicskin

Oily/Resilient

never used LRP western skin care products always i mean ALWAYS doesnt work for me i dont know why 😅😅 well there are few exceptions but i can only count them to like 2 or 4 😅😅😅
upvote

comment

Epicskin user profile picture

Epicskin

Oily/Resilient

i knoow right??! you have a youtube channel??! gotta follow u!
upvote

comment

koolklawz user profile picture

koolklawz

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for sharing. I’ll keep an eye out for those ingredients.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!