picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

TaraSmalls user profile picture

TaraSmalls

Dry/Sensitive

dot69 Views

paulas choice 1% retinol

Hi so I made a post about how I needed some recommendations on a good retinol. I have been trying out the inky list one, and I didn’t like it very much. I got recommended the Paulas Choice 1% retinol with peptides + vitamin C, and I had a gift card to Sephora, so I ordered it this morning. They did same-day delivery, and I just got it now. I’m super excited to use it. I love Paula‘s choice that’s why I decided to go with this one. Have any of you guys tried this out, and what do you think of it? I’m 34 and I have dry sensitive-ish acne prone skin. I’m going to start using it just like once or twice a week to begin with, and then I will work my way up. Also, I’ve heard that there are some skin care products that do not work well with retinol, and can cause irritation. Do any of you have any advice on which products I should avoid? Thank you in advance if you do
carousel
Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment with Peptides & Vitamin C

Paula's Choice
Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment with Peptides & Vitamin C

star rating

(46)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

saskiaskin user profile picture

saskiaskin

Oily/Resilient

This retinol is great but very strong! Definitely only start with once a week and see how your skin goes. Maybe even start with the buffet method, so apply all your skin care and 30 minutes later apply the retinol on top of your moisturiser. This just helps to reduce the risk of irritation as your skin adjusts. I absolutely love this retinol but it made my skin peel for a solid month before my skin adjusted and I could use it more than once a week. Maybe think of removing things like chemical exfoliants while your skin adjusts as using them could cause a damaged skin barrier. And lots of hydrating products!
upvote

comment

TaraSmalls

Dry/Sensitive

OK definitely. Thank you so much for the advice
upvote

comment

Asukitta user profile picture

Asukitta

Oily/Sensitive

I would start with lower percentage until my skin gets accostumed to it, and don't use exfoliating products in the same routine with retinol.
upvote

comment

M

Monnn

Dry/Resilient

I love this retinol! my skin has never been so glowy. I personally didn’t have any irritation but I’ve built up my retinol tolerance by starting with a lower percentage. You could use Vaseline as a buffer on the corner of yours eyes, nose and mouth and under your eyes since those areas are super sensitive. Try the sandwich method - moisturiser > retinol > moisturiser to help minimise irritation. Starting with using it once a week is a good idea. Avoid exfoliants when using it, keep your routine minimal and of course sunscreen in the daytime!
upvote

comment

TaraSmalls

Dry/Sensitive

awesome thank you I will do that 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!